Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bank 1 ltft high

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank 1 ltft high

I just did heads and cam on my ls1. As stated bank1 ltft is higher than bank 2. I have hp tuners and working on tuning it but I am new with it. I did have a couple codes pop up, bank 1 02 sensor and a multiple misfire code. I'm gonna scan all cylinders tonight to see if I can find which cylinder it is. Also it could be a vacuum leak so I'm gonna check to see how much vacuum its pulling at idle. Does anyone know how much vacuum it should be pulling at idle with a tick performance sns stage 3 cam? Is it normal that bank 1 and bank 2 ltft's read different after a cam install until it's tuned? If I do have a cylinder misfiring on bank 1 could it cause the 02 sensor to pop up a code? Thanks

Erik
Old 04-23-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 388 Likes on 297 Posts

How big is the difference?
Seems an O2 sensor problem would directly result in LTFT errors.
A real misfire will allow unburnt oxygen to register on the O2 sensor as a very lean condition, perhaps leading to a O2 sensor code and LTFT imbalance.
If the PCM has not been tuned for that aggressive cam, I think you should start there.
Perhaps after a quick check for vacuum leaks.

I'm not an expert in this area, so lets see what others say.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At idle they were a steady 9.4 and if I brought it up 2 or 3k bank 1 was at 22 something and bank 2 was 14 something.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Big cam is going to be setting false misfires especially at low rpms.. Misfire strategy is looking for smooth crank rotation. That all went out the window with a lopey cam. Not saying you don't have real misfiring going on. Just don't rely too much on what the misfire detection is telling you. Your O2 sensor code might be a better clue or a data log showing what the trims are doing.

Quick Reply: Bank 1 ltft high