Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues after 383 build

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 02:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Issues after 383 build

So car was put back together and is running, I have about 50 miles on her. Couple issues.

My Service Engine Soon light is now on, code scan showed banks 1 and 2 lean. Codes were cleared and came back on again. Vacuum leak??? Fuel?

Also, starting the engine takes excessive cranking. Gotta crank it for about 5 seconds before it fires up.

What do you think is wrong here? Any ideas?

I have a new pump/harness and injectors. Tune is a mail order from Texas Speed.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a mail order tune it could be a bunch of things. I see you have new injectors, did you send TSP the injector specs when you had them do the tune?
Old 05-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Yes, Texas Speed had all my specs as they were the ones I got all my stuff from. Update, car was at the shop and checked for vacuum leaks, nothing located. I think I am just going to take the car for a local dyno tune.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Do you have a pressure gauge on the fuel rail?
Old 05-05-2015, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soontobeLS1
So car was put back together and is running, I have about 50 miles on her. Couple issues.

My Service Engine Soon light is now on, code scan showed banks 1 and 2 lean. Codes were cleared and came back on again. Vacuum leak??? Fuel?

Also, starting the engine takes excessive cranking. Gotta crank it for about 5 seconds before it fires up.

What do you think is wrong here? Any ideas?

I have a new pump/harness and injectors. Tune is a mail order from Texas Speed.
You need a real tune, and probably real injectors.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Launching!

The injectors are brand new. Fuel pressure was checked, think it was about 60 psi running. Although, must say the cranking for several seconds before the engine fires is weird...is this normal with a stroker and aftermarket fuel pump? It fires at about 30 psi as it builds. We checked the fuel pressure as well after we turned the key off, it lost all its pressure. It's supposed to hold no?

As for the tune, I am waiting to hit about 300 miles so we can change the break in oil out so I can hit the dyno and get a real dyno tune
Old 05-05-2015, 08:38 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

It is your 5 seconds of cranking that makes me suspect fuel pressure.
I have a new 419 stroker. I turn the ignition on and listen/wait a few seconds for the fuel pump to prime. It then fires instantly.
I have a 340lph pump; my system gradually looses fuel pressure over about a minute or so. My previous Walbro 255 seemed to hold it longer.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soontobeLS1
The injectors are brand new. Fuel pressure was checked, think it was about 60 psi running. Although, must say the cranking for several seconds before the engine fires is weird...is this normal with a stroker and aftermarket fuel pump? It fires at about 30 psi as it builds. We checked the fuel pressure as well after we turned the key off, it lost all its pressure. It's supposed to hold no?

As for the tune, I am waiting to hit about 300 miles so we can change the break in oil out so I can hit the dyno and get a real dyno tune
What type of injector? Your starting issue is either pressure, injector data, or both.

Yes your fuel system should hold pressure without extended priming. No, what your's is doing is not normal.

Quick Reply: Issues after 383 build