PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans blown or did I enter limp mode??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trans blown or did I enter limp mode??

Posted this in the automatic section and the Moderator told me I may have some more luck here.

Quick run down; Yesterday was first outing with new turbo build. Took and filled it up, brought it home, fluids looked fine, log looked good. Took it to a friends house and had same results. Went to another friends house and when I picked him up, car was locked in 3. Never tried manually shifting it but that was the only gear it had. For what its worth, that was the gear I stayed in on the 5 minute drive to his house. Cruised it home in 3, converter never would lock, trans temps started around 190 and was around 215 when I pulled it in house. Fluid level was good and it is not burnt at all.

Went downstairs about 10 mintues ago, backed it out. All felt fine. All gears were there but when I manually commanded 1, it was like the car had the ebrake on when I would attempt to pull out. Odd that it did it yesterday in 3 and is now doing it in 1? Ran DTC and the only code that I seen that I thought was relevant was P-0758, shift solenoid B electrical.

Someone please help steer me in the right direction. I really hope that the solenoid could be the problem, I dont know how to check to see if the car even has a limp mode?I own HPT, I do have a log from the pull when the car was fine that I can post, I dont care to post my tune as well if anyone wants to look it over. Thanks in advance for the help..
Old 05-26-2015, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Ne help here??
http://engine-codes.com/p0758_chevrolet.html

"park brake on" could be the trans is in 2 gears at the same time. Don't drive it til you fix it.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell ya, I wasn't a Trans brake anyways.

Na, I'll check it out once I get home. Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Trans blown or did I enter limp mode??