PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0606 (ECM fault) triggers after sustained moderate throttle.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0606 (ECM fault) triggers after sustained moderate throttle.

I keep on getting a p0606, but only when i sustain slightly more than half throttle for a 5 seconds or so. If i drive slow and granny shift and lay off the gas all is good and no DTC's or reduced power. That leads me to believe my PCM is infact FINE, rather something inside my tune is messed up...Especially since I never had this problem prior to getting tuned with this person.

Here's a video of what happens, i trigger the DTC with the car off. What values & tables need to be examined? I'm under the assumption the tune needs work based off my research. I was tuned by a local shop using HP tuners. I did not tune this myself. No other codes, stock throttle body which has never had issues.

Also what PID's / values can i look at to confirm my throttle tables are indeed out of whack? Am i leaving extra power on the table with this mess up?

Last edited by itsdaveonline; 06-01-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Anyone? Thought this was a fairly common issue. Guess not
Old 06-02-2015, 01:22 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

It is a common issue when somebody changes around some of the throttle tables but you won't be able to verify any of that with a scanner. You need to post up the tune and compare it to a stock tune.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Ok - showed my tuner the issue and triggered it right in front of him. He put the throttle tables back to stock. I can't seem to trigger it any more.

Throttle tables just effect the feel of the car right? It wont change anything else?
Old 06-03-2015, 08:03 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Well there are lots of different throttle tables so I can't say without seeing what was changed but since he fixed it he is on the right track regardless.

Quick Reply: p0606 (ECM fault) triggers after sustained moderate throttle.