PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E tune with Holley Dominator software?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 08:33 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default 4L80E tune with Holley Dominator software?

I was wondering if anyone here has some advice on a base tune I can punch into my Holley software to run my Jake's stage 3 4L80E trans? I know the engine parameters will eventually fine tune themselves, but I am concerned about what I need to do to make the trans work and how to adjust/activate things like shift points and the transbrake.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Holleys help files, are basically their user manuals online. There is no one size fits all, and it sounds like your new to tuning. The engine side won't "fine tune itself". It can keep itself from hanging the rods out if it is setup correctly, but will not optimize its tune itself.

If your new to this, they have a global folder with basic tunes and transmissions to get you started. Their system has amazing abilities, and IMO is the best out there for the $,
Old 06-16-2015, 06:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rpturbo
Holleys help files, are basically their user manuals online. There is no one size fits all, and it sounds like your new to tuning. The engine side won't "fine tune itself". It can keep itself from hanging the rods out if it is setup correctly, but will not optimize its tune itself.

If your new to this, they have a global folder with basic tunes and transmissions to get you started. Their system has amazing abilities, and IMO is the best out there for the $,
Definitely new to tuning with a computer. I am an old school carb and distributor guy. Lol

I have only brushed through the Holley program so far. Are you saying in the Holley program files they have a folder that instals basic functions when chosen or do they also have a bin file repository like HP tuners online also?

Thank you for the reply.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Another place to look is here http://forums.holley.com/forumdispla...Dominator-EFI&

I'm also working on a project using the Dominator ECU but I'm not as far along as you yet

Quick Reply: 4L80E tune with Holley Dominator software?