Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good tuners near St Louis for a turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good tuners near St Louis for a turbo build

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good tuner that tunes turbo cars in or around the St Louis area. I've read threads, but haven't seen anything new in a while. I know about pbj, but prefer to find some other good ones and I don't mind driving an hour to get to one.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 07-20-2015, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Go to HP Tuners forum and search for a user DSteck.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Steck is the ONLY tuner to use in St.Louis. TRUST ME!

PBJ is a joke. He doesn't spend the time needed to make a tune right. On a MAF tune, he rapes the maf, and jacks up the PE table. I would hate to see a FI tune. I bought HPT, and found multiple issues with his tunes (3 cars) in my first day of learning. JMO
Old 07-20-2015, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Go to HP Tuners forum and search for a user DSteck.
Dave Steck (DSX Tuning) is who tuned my current setup, but he just got a job in Texas and moved a few weeks ago. He will still do some remote tuning and work with Chad on a few things, but since my build is going from n/a to turbo he needs to see the car. I really like his tunes and if I were going to Texas anytime soon I'd have him tune it for sure

He did recommend John Lowe from Lowes performance in Alton, IL. I haven't heard or read anything about him, so I'm trying to see if anyone else has someone they've used.

Originally Posted by rpturbo
Steck is the ONLY tuner to use in St.Louis. TRUST ME!

PBJ is a joke. He doesn't spend the time needed to make a tune right. On a MAF tune, he rapes the maf, and jacks up the PE table. I would hate to see a FI tune. I bought HPT, and found multiple issues with his tunes (3 cars) in my first day of learning. JMO
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to everyone about Dave He stopped taking new customers a while ago too.

I've heard the same things about pbj.....some real horror stories. I was just trying to say that I preferred not to use him in a nice way lol

Last edited by Deeohgie69; 07-20-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

That sucks about Steck. Exactly the reason I bought HPT and a bunch of tuning books.

I lay praise where it is deserved, but sorry, I don't sugar coat BS. I live in Alton, and have heard of Lowes, but never seen the place or know anything about him.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Has anyone heard anything about Ryan Mitchell at LSXkilr Custom Calibrations? I've heard a few good things about him but wanted to see if anyone here has had their car tuned by him?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine who works at Ted's HD in Alton told me that Lowe Performance does the work and tuning on the owners GT500. Last I heard its in 8's I believe. His car is even shown on their dyno on their website.

Dave Steck is a great guy to work with as well, I personally have been bugging him on my setup. We were supposed to get together to retune my new combo but just ran out of time.

Chris
Old 07-30-2015, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I called Lowes and also sent an email to them with no response from either one. I talked to a lady there but he never got back to me.

After doing some research on Ryan Mitchell and finding out how much time he spends on tuning every detail, I was sold to go there. I talked to Ryan at LSXklr Custom Calibrations and I'm definitely taking my car there. From everything I've heard and read about the guy, it sounds like he's one of the best in the nation. I'm going to send him my ecm so he can put a base tune so I can drive it there. Then he'll deduct that from my dyno tune once he gets the car.

I wish Dave could tune my car, but Texas is a lot farther than 4.5 hours for me lol
Old 08-01-2015, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you found some one to do it you feel comfortable with. That has to be the #1 seller for me. Anyone can say they can make power but at what expense!

Chris

Quick Reply: Good tuners near St Louis for a turbo build