PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap out 12586242 for 3 bar ecu?

Old 07-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swap out 12586242 for 3 bar ecu?

Alright guys, Im hoping someone here can help give some advice on tuning or what ecu I can swap to... I dont know anything at all about tuning nor ecu compatibility.

The setup is a ls1/t56 twin turbo, ls2 dbw, 111lb injectors (high Imp), 2.0 bar map(I want to run 3 bar), speed density tune. Ive had a few local tuners work on the car and they all seem to experience the same issue. I seem to get a dead pedal at some point, the car will just sit and rev around 2000 rpm. I also experience loss of power like a intercooler pipe popped off...but didn't. The other issue is that this ecu only allows a 2 bar setup, I need a 3 bar setup. The current tuner did a very conservative tune for up to 18lbs of boost.

My ecu is a Green/Blue connector 2004 Suburban 12586242, I bought the TAC and pedal which are 12573059, Tmd1-160a1, 303-072235. They are a matching set... I also bought the torque rush to compliment the setup and get the 100% throttle that was suggested. At this point I’m ready to pull out this ecu and replace it.

Also, is there a certain ecu that I can run a 3 bar map, ls2 dbw throttle body, this tac module and pedal? Can I just repin to make that ecu work? If so, what ecu would that be and do you have the pinouts of both so that I can see what needs to be changed?
I was hoping maybe a later model 06 GTO ecu would be the ticket. Just need to repin and find the ecu…. Ive also heard that maybe a later model express van might work.

Any help would be wonderful, I’m at a loss…

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swap out 12586242 for 3 bar ecu?