Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car tries to die after start

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car tries to die after start

Just got my car back after doing an engine rebuild only things I upgraded was my intake, cam, and headers. Now when I start it up it wants to die unless you give it some gas for a little bit then slowly release the gas pedal. A programmer was used to update for the new parts and then tuned. Car idles at 600. The TB is a 75 and the intake is a 85. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Sounds like the tune needs work.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuiCidE0024
Just got my car back after doing an engine rebuild only things I upgraded was my intake, cam, and headers. Now when I start it up it wants to die unless you give it some gas for a little bit then slowly release the gas pedal. A programmer was used to update for the new parts and then tuned. Car idles at 600. The TB is a 75 and the intake is a 85. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Car is set to idle at 600? That sounds awfully low with a cam. Idle is the most difficult thing to tune. There are more settings for it then just about anything else. Sounds like your idle is set to low, and your base running airflow isn't set correctly.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Default Car tries to die after start

Yeah thanks I turned up the idle a little and did a crank re learn and the issue went away.

Quick Reply: Car tries to die after start