PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCC and fuel consumption

Old 06-07-2004, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCC and fuel consumption

Well, upon purchasing my own version of edit...combined with my ADHD...I got frustrated, jumped the gun and had my car tuned. Needless to say, I got my money back from being completely unsatisfied. The only nifty thing that came out of a 15 minute tune and 3 dyno pulls was the car drove like it had a stock converter in it. With it locked in 4th gear on the highway, I could barely press the accelerator down and it would unlock instantly so I could pass someone and accelerate quicker without having to mash the throttle over 50%. The throttle response was also faster, thus utilizing my ported S2 throttlebody.

Problems still remained though, like I'm still going through gas like it's water. I'm lucky to get 13 miles to the gallon when people with the F1 average in the mid to upper 20's. I even swapped out the fuel filter to see if that would help...nope.

So I'm hoping you guys have some suggestions. First, I've been playing with the Normal MPH vs TPS table. I've got the 2nd and 3rd apply/release settings set to 255. I understand how this affects the transitions, my question is how do you get the car to downshift at a lower throttle position? And how do I make it unlock faster with a lot less throttle in 4th gear? I'd like it to feel like I'm driving with a stock TCC.

Second, what the hell can I do to increase my gas mileage? What tables should I focus on without disrupting the VE? I'm sure I want to stay away from the injector offset table. To that end, which way do I need to adjust values to lean the car more?

I've posted my mods on here before, but I'll do it again so you guys don't have to go searching

2001 Z28
stock injectors (28 lbs)
F1 Cam
4L60E custom Rock-On Transmission
3000 TCC
stock MAF
stock heads
S2 TB
lid, cutout before axle, FTRA
hooker jethot coated longtubes
160 thermostat

Thanks in advance!