Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 gto trouble codes P0171, P0174 and P0300 after LT headers install

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Your STFTs go to +50% almost immediately. I'm going to guess the O2s that read 0v are the fronts and are miswired with their outputs shorted to ground.
I see. Thank you for the info.

I just ordered me 2 new Denso upstream sensors and 2 extensions with harnesses for them. I'm hoping this will help fix or at least narrow down the problem.

I will leave the car at work and change them there when I get them so I don't drive it anymore.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok first off BWD is not in any way a part of Borg Warner completely different companies if u don't believe me just google both companies go to the Wikipedia for both companies and u will see that they have. Not connection to each other. There's lots of bad info out there bwd does not mean Borg Warner development or Borg Warner division. It most likely means big white d***. Now that that's out the way

Why are u using extentions? I've always heard extentions are usually the issue when having issues with o2s after Lt install. We have always used corvette down stream o2s when doing LT for that reason. So We have never had that issues so I can't say 100% that the ext is the problem but if it's not a part of the equation than it definitely can't cause the problem..
This is the ones I use in the pic find these install them and be done with it
Attached Thumbnails 04 gto trouble codes P0171, P0174 and P0300 after LT headers install-image.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are bosch and I didn't mean to sound so rude about the BWD and borg Warner thing just trying to correct the bad info someone gave u (prolly a kid working at the local parts store who even has issues looking up the parts they sell lol)
Attached Thumbnails 04 gto trouble codes P0171, P0174 and P0300 after LT headers install-image.jpg  

Last edited by Drj8787; 08-16-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Drj8787
Ok first off BWD is not in any way a part of Borg Warner completely different companies if u don't believe me just google both companies go to the Wikipedia for both companies and u will see that they have. Not connection to each other. There's lots of bad info out there bwd does not mean Borg Warner development or Borg Warner division. It most likely means big white d***. Now that that's out the way

Why are u using extentions? I've always heard extentions are usually the issue when having issues with o2s after Lt install. We have always used corvette down stream o2s when doing LT for that reason. So We have never had that issues so I can't say 100% that the ext is the problem but if it's not a part of the equation than it definitely can't cause the problem..
This is the ones I use in the pic find these install them and be done with it
Real O2 extensions with plugs on each end are never a problem. Cutting and splicing O2 wires to make them longer can cause problems. Many times because wires just get crossed unintentionally. The reason you can't use Vette rear O2s on a 04 GTO is the connectors are different than F-bodies which you can use them on.
Attached Thumbnails 04 gto trouble codes P0171, P0174 and P0300 after LT headers install-gto-o2.jpg   04 gto trouble codes P0171, P0174 and P0300 after LT headers install-vette-rear-o2.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't realize that. guess I'm the one with bad info lol f bodies is what I've alway used them on its a bummer that the connector is different. So my question is can he use gto downstream o2s then?
Old 08-16-2015, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

04 GTO Rear O2.
Attached Thumbnails 04 gto trouble codes P0171, P0174 and P0300 after LT headers install-gto-rear-o2.jpg  
Old 08-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Just received the OEM Denson front O2s and extensions today and will try to put them on either today or Sat. I will let you guys know how everything works.

The rears are different brand and yea diff harness..diff wire colors. At this point I wouldn't even want to attempt to switch to those in the front to see if it works.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Hey Guys.. I disconnected the battery and put on the new OEM denson sensors with extensions and the engine is running much better . I still get the codes for running too lean and misfires but no more black smoke, idle seems normal and revs are more responsive and when I hooked up the Diablosport all 4 sensors show up as u see in the video... also the lf trims don't jump up like before.

I drove it around the block here a bit and deff running better than before.. here is a vid with the data after driving and running for about 10-15 min:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uDH...ature=youtu.be

So all in all I think it's much better running and I'm thinking all
I need is a tune.

My only dilemma now is not sure if I should put the stock cat back or keep these side pipes I built because it is louder..smoke comes inside. and I'm afraid I might get more power with the stock cat back? .. these side pipes are 3" in diameter and I read that larger diameter doesn't mean more power necessarily...not sure about this

If I decide to put the cat back with the muffler on should I do that first before I get a tune or I can get the tune and put those on later and it won't affect the tune ?

Thank you so much to all for your help !

Chris
Old 08-21-2015, 04:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris190
Hey Guys.. I disconnected the battery and put on the new OEM denson sensors with extensions and the engine is running much better . I still get the codes for running too lean and misfires but no more black smoke, idle seems normal and revs are more responsive and when I hooked up the Diablosport all 4 sensors show up as u see in the video... also the lf trims don't jump up like before.

I drove it around the block here a bit and deff running better than before.. here is a vid with the data after driving and running for about 10-15 min:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uDH...ature=youtu.be

So all in all I think it's much better running and I'm thinking all
I need is a tune.

My only dilemma now is not sure if I should put the stock cat back or keep these side pipes I built because it is louder..smoke comes inside. and I'm afraid I might get more power with the stock cat back? .. these side pipes are 3" in diameter and I read that larger diameter doesn't mean more power necessarily...not sure about this

If I decide to put the cat back with the muffler on should I do that first before I get a tune or I can get the tune and put those on later and it won't affect the tune ?

Thank you so much to all for your help !

Chris
Put the cat back on. Get a tune.

Quick Reply: 04 gto trouble codes P0171, P0174 and P0300 after LT headers install