Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Trans Am PCM not Turning On

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Trans Am PCM not Turning On

Hey guys so I just got done putting another 5.3 into my turbo Trans Am and I am having a hell of an irritating problem.

I went to start the car for the first time yesterday after the swap and I noticed my fuel pump was not kicking on and that my service engine soon light wasn't coming on.

I then decided to check every fuse, relay, and ground on the car. All my fuses are good, as far as I can tell, and every ground is connected, has a clean contact, and is tight.

So at this point I figured I should see if I'm getting power at pin 20 and 57 on the blue connector. With key off and key on I am not getting any voltage. This would likely explain why nothing is working that is controlled by the PCM.

The car does crank, vats has already been bypassed in the past and also turned off in the PCM when I got a tune on the old 5.3. The service vehicle light is also on in the dash with key on. At this point I'm stumped and have no clue what do to. It's so close to running and now this problem. Any input would be great guys. Thanks a ton.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FinkenTA
Hey guys so I just got done putting another 5.3 into my turbo Trans Am and I am having a hell of an irritating problem.

I went to start the car for the first time yesterday after the swap and I noticed my fuel pump was not kicking on and that my service engine soon light wasn't coming on.

I then decided to check every fuse, relay, and ground on the car. All my fuses are good, as far as I can tell, and every ground is connected, has a clean contact, and is tight.

So at this point I figured I should see if I'm getting power at pin 20 and 57 on the blue connector. With key off and key on I am not getting any voltage. This would likely explain why nothing is working that is controlled by the PCM.

The car does crank, vats has already been bypassed in the past and also turned off in the PCM when I got a tune on the old 5.3. The service vehicle light is also on in the dash with key on. At this point I'm stumped and have no clue what do to. It's so close to running and now this problem. Any input would be great guys. Thanks a ton.

Did you found the problem cuz I am having similar problem after heads swap today
Old 08-28-2015, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by azozsaad1
Did you found the problem cuz I am having similar problem after heads swap today
Did you double check the grounds on the back of the head?

Quick Reply: 2001 Trans Am PCM not Turning On