Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 ls1 camaro tuned vette 02 sensor problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 ls1 camaro tuned vette 02 sensor problems

So I was told by quite a few people to run c5 vette rear o2s for the front o2 sensors on my long tube ls1 camaro. Before/After getting the car tuned running these sensors I am getting b1s1 and b2s1 low/slow response and insufficient switching they are brand new delco sensors. Am I missing something here? why would I have prolbems and not other people. If I put delco front 02 sensors in for ls1 camaro with extensions it doesnt error out.

Last edited by 6spdg37s; 08-18-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

What sensor did u get brand n part number? That's same thing I did I used these Bosch ones can't remember what year vette they were for but u just need part number anyways these have worked for me.
Attached Thumbnails 01 ls1 camaro tuned vette 02 sensor problems-image.jpg  
Old 08-19-2015, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Drj8787
What sensor did u get brand n part number? That's same thing I did I used these Bosch ones can't remember what year vette they were for but u just need part number anyways these have worked for me.
i used whatever the DELCO number is for the bosch 13111
Old 08-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Default same code

I have the same code. My is currently intermittent. I drive 5o or so miles and it shuts off, then 5o or so miles later it turns back on. My car is a 98 Formula. Longtubes, extensions, and another fresh set of 02s (ACDelcos). I know my o2 are good because the light goes off at times.

I've thrown sensors at it several times to try to get the light off. I just got a fresh set of ACDelcos in there. I'm trying to adjust the tune to keep it off. I recently logged my ride to work for the Bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 voltages. I'm going to plot the values in excel and get the average for each sensor. then I'm going to compare that number to the values the table Engine/Fuel/Open and Closed Loop/(o2 rich/lean vs. voltage). I'm thinking I may be able to scale that table by just a few mV and get the light to stay off.

If it works i'll let you know, I feel like there has to be an actual fix for this problem. by the time I analize the data, adjust the tune, and drive the car enough to know you'll probably have it figured out. haha.

Not trying to hijack this thread or anything, if anyone else has done what I'm working on please post.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:40 AM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

Having a C5 Vette, I noted that GM switched manufacturers of those sensors when I replaced mine. I replaced just the fronts and eliminated the rears.
I never had codes with my headers until this summer. Bank 2 became slow. It's voltage has also reduced.
It does not affect trims or closed loop fueling. Just turns on the check engine light.
You can tune that error out quite easily.

I never agreed with the rear sensor in the front being a fix. I measured heater current on mine, the fronts and rears were the same. I think it's the same sensor, just has longer leads.

Ron
Old 08-20-2015, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RonSSNova

I never agreed with the rear sensor in the front being a fix. I measured heater current on mine, the fronts and rears were the same. I think it's the same sensor, just has longer leads.
Vette rear O2s was never a fix for slow switching, just the elimination of the need for buying extensions or cutting and splicing O2 wires. Yes they are the same sensor. But someone once said on the internet that they had higher wattage heaters in them and the myth took off.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Vette rear O2s was never a fix for slow switching, just the elimination of the need for buying extensions or cutting and splicing O2 wires. Yes they are the same sensor. But someone once said on the internet that they had higher wattage heaters in them and the myth took off.
I Didnt buy them for the slow switching issue bought them cause you didnt need extensions. I didnt have slow switching issue before tho.

Quick Reply: 01 ls1 camaro tuned vette 02 sensor problems