PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Stuff 3 with an M6 and a 2 Step. How do I wire this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Big Stuff 3 with an M6 and a 2 Step. How do I wire this?

My car is a bit different in many ways.

I have an M6 and want to use the 2 step for launching at autocrosses.

Reason, it can be tough to shave a 1/2 second off. Since the BS3 has a 2 step it would be nice to tune the launch.

I am not sure how to activate for the launch only and not have it reactivate if I drop back into 1st gear in one of the tight turns.

I assume I will need a switch on the clutch pedal for depressed, a switch for first gear and an activation switch in the console to enable the 2 step. Is there a way to have a relay switch on once only and once used it needs to be reset with the console switch?

Am I on the right track?
Old 08-27-2015, 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
My car is a bit different in many ways.

I have an M6 and want to use the 2 step for launching at autocrosses.

Reason, it can be tough to shave a 1/2 second off. Since the BS3 has a 2 step it would be nice to tune the launch.

I am not sure how to activate for the launch only and not have it reactivate if I drop back into 1st gear in one of the tight turns.

I assume I will need a switch on the clutch pedal for depressed, a switch for first gear and an activation switch in the console to enable the 2 step. Is there a way to have a relay switch on once only and once used it needs to be reset with the console switch?

Am I on the right track?
From what i read, the 2-step only uses a 12v source, and is a single wire on the BS3 unit.

I think the best way for easy activation, if you can get a shift **** with a button wired to it/a 12v source, it would make for easy activation when its only pressed down. Or if you arent a fan of those *****, a line-lock style button maybe on a switch plate? When depressed-12v source to bs3 puts it into 2-step mode.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
From what i read, the 2-step only uses a 12v source, and is a single wire on the BS3 unit.

I think the best way for easy activation, if you can get a shift **** with a button wired to it/a 12v source, it would make for easy activation when its only pressed down. Or if you arent a fan of those *****, a line-lock style button maybe on a switch plate? When depressed-12v source to bs3 puts it into 2-step mode.
That is exactly what I do not want. I want a 100% no chance of re engaging while shifting during a lap. There has to be a way to have a relay activate while clutch is on the floor then permanently deactivate with a micro switch in 2nd, or clutch pedal up, till re activated with a momentary reset switch.

Quick Reply: Big Stuff 3 with an M6 and a 2 Step. How do I wire this?