Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help! car doesn't idle, stalling, lack of power

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! car doesn't idle, stalling, lack of power

How's it going fellas. Hopefully some of the LS gurus out there can help me out with my issue. I'm trying to finish up the recent LS swap into my Rx7 but I'm having issues with what seems to be a misfire. The car stalls at idle, stumbles, and lacks power. It's a LS1 from a 01 z28 with a torquer v3 cam, longtubes, and ls6 intake manifold and I had a base reflash in the PCM to compensate for the mods. So far I've checked all my ign coils by using a spark plug in the boot. All the injectors had 13ohms which is normal. Fuel pressure was 57psi running. Injector connectors flash using test light. I'm really not sure what direction to head so I was hoping some of you guys can shed some light from prior experience. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Teching In

200 views and no replies? Lol come on guys
Old 08-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Your tune is off. Do you have HPT or EFILive?
Old 08-21-2015, 04:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRsnoopy
How's it going fellas. Hopefully some of the LS gurus out there can help me out with my issue. I'm trying to finish up the recent LS swap into my Rx7 but I'm having issues with what seems to be a misfire. The car stalls at idle, stumbles, and lacks power. It's a LS1 from a 01 z28 with a torquer v3 cam, longtubes, and ls6 intake manifold and I had a base reflash in the PCM to compensate for the mods. So far I've checked all my ign coils by using a spark plug in the boot. All the injectors had 13ohms which is normal. Fuel pressure was 57psi running. Injector connectors flash using test light. I'm really not sure what direction to head so I was hoping some of you guys can shed some light from prior experience. Any help is appreciated.
You said it has a base flash. That means it still needs to be tuned. It could be lean, it could be rich. Most likely rich IMHO, but that's a complete guess. Take it to be tuned.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:12 AM
Teching In

I just want to have everything covered so i dont have any issues on the dyno. Im not convinced its a tuning issue yet
Old 08-23-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by DRsnoopy
I just want to have everything covered so i dont have any issues on the dyno. Im not convinced its a tuning issue yet
if you're specifically trying to find non-tune related stuff, vacuum leaks come to mind, throttle plate adjusted poorly, bad spark wire or plug. All the basic stuff if she was carbed. Other stuff can be thrown in like - did you measure for pushrods or just throw the stock ones back in? How much spring pressure are you running? Tons of things it CAN be.

I agree with jake and eagle though. Most likely the tune needs attention. And just because the tune was working great on someone else's identical car doesn't mean it's perfect for yours. Subtle differences add up.

Quick Reply: Need help! car doesn't idle, stalling, lack of power