PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will It Work? Can I fire it up on this tune?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joecar
Hey Travis,

It lives

Also log these pids: SAE.LAMBDA, GM.ETCTP, GM.HO2S11, GM.HO2S21.

Drop these pids: GM.TP, CALC.VE.

Which wideband do you have...?
Is it connected to your FSV2 using analog or serial comms...?
Depending on your answer, you also need to log some wideband pids.
unzip the attached, and copy the contents to here: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\VDash (or equivalent if Win7/8)

then open the log in the scantool, goto Dashboard tab, open the dash "E38-1001.vdb" from that folder...

click red replot button (at bottom, looks like an asterisk).
Done except the replot button is greyed out. I am not currently connected to the FSV2 so perhaps that is why?

for example, you could do this (LC-1 shown for example): see 1st pic.

or you can fabricate a cable like this (eliminating the DB9 connectors)(see how Rx/Tx swap): see 2nd pic.

If you can talk to your LC-2 from your PC (using LM Programmer or LogWorks), then you need another cable like this, replace the end with an RJ12 and swap the Rx/Tx signals (FSV2 can read from the LC-2 and it can tell it to calibrate, i.e. bidir).
I've got the serial cable from Innovate and the null modem adapter. What I don't have is the serial to RJ12 cable so I'm going to have to find a source for that. Is the pin wiring going to be the same from as the LC-1 example? Seems it will be different since it is a 4-pin molex connection vice a 3-wire jack like LC-1.

and you would then also connect the OUT port of the DLG-1 to the RJ12 port on FSV2... i.e. FSV2 should be able to read both

( remember to configure FSV2 for wideband com, and select Innovate for the wideband type, a... if you don't know how, I'll show you )

( might be a good idea to update V7/V8 software and FSV2 firmware... but let's do one step at a time )
Pretty sure I know how to configure the FSV2 for the wideband. Always try to check software and firmware before I do anything.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Will It Work? Can I fire it up on this tune?

Originally Posted by tadams72
Done except the replot button is greyed out. I am not currently connected to the FSV2 so perhaps that is why?
Does not havetobeconnected.

Does the custom colored 7x chart sbow up on Dash B...?

Did you open a log file...?

Post a screenshot (are you doing Shft-PrtScrn and pasting into a .bmp or .jpg or .png file to post...? (I like ..png)...?

Last edited by joecar; 10-09-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Will It Work? Can I fire it up on this tune?

Originally Posted by tadams72
What I don't have is the serial to RJ12 cable so I'm going to have to find a source for that. Is the pin wiring going to be the same from as the LC-1 example? Seems it will be different since it is a 4-pin molex connection vice a 3-wire jack like LC-1.
Let me see if we can get you a FSV2 RJ12 cable.

In the 4-pin Molex connector you have to locate Gnd, Tx, Rx, and then match these up to the LC-1 Gnd, Tx, Rx in that second diagram.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

Does not havetobeconnected.

Does the custom colored 7x chart sbow up on Dash B...?

Did you open a log file...?

Post a screenshot (are you doing Shft-PrtScrn and pasting into a .bmp or .jpg or .png file to post...? (I like ..png)...?
At work. I'll try again when I get home in a few hours.

Let me see if we can get you a FSV2 RJ12 cable.

In the 4-pin Molex connector you have to locate Gnd, Tx, Rx, and then match these up to the LC-1 Gnd, Tx, Rx in that second diagram.
That would be awesome! Thanks.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Send me a PM containing your name/address to mail you a cable...

also include your email address.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Send me a PM containing your name/address to mail you a cable...

also include your email address.
PM Sent. MANY THANKS!
Old 10-13-2015, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Default Status Update

First I want to thank everyone here that chimed in to help put this together so I could start the engine. I was able to fire it up and hold rpms in the 1500 range to bring it up to temp, bleed cooling system, verify levels and temps, check for leaks, etc. I even took it out a second time (bucking, snorting, and generally fighting me the whole way) to start ring seat with some 2000-4000 rpm light throttle runs.

Then, it blew up because of so much knock and lean conditions thanks to you guys!

Just kidding!

Right now she sits. I am fine tuning some of the mods to the car and was looking high and low for a good tuner. I found a few places here in SoCal and the wide range of opinions did not make the decision of selecting a tuner any easier.

For those of you out there tuning professionally, I think it is important you recognize that not only does your tuning prowess need to be good, but your customer service needs to as well. And this is before, during, and after the sale. I ran into some real attitudes in some cases. Now I am not an overly sensitive kind of guy but if you act like you don't have the time of day for me then you must not be interested in my business. Just my .02.

So where am I on the tune already?! I decided to have Pat G put together a mail order tune for me for the interim. He comes very highly regarded and so far the customer service has been good. Guy is exchanging emails with me at 10 pm to get the ball rolling. That's a good start! I sent him the tune you guys helped me work as a starting point as well as a detailed list of the motor specifics. I should have something back in the next few days to fire up the car and do some data logging for more adjustments.

Now the down side is no rollers for awhile thus no idea how strong the engine is. My plan is to get 500 or so miles on it then get it on the rollers for a baseline and further adjustments. More to follow. Again, thank you!

Quick Reply: Will It Work? Can I fire it up on this tune?