Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
HP Tuners | AutoTap | Diablo | MAF Translator | HPP3 | FAST | Gen7 | Big Stuff 3
Sponsored by
Diablo Sport

Hp tuners "recovery" feature rocks.

Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to slow
Default Hp tuners "recovery" feature rocks.

a local person used an inferior editing tool earlier in the week... battery died and was stranded.

Put a post on a local message board, asking if anybody can flash a 1998 Ta.

I told him i had hptuners and could try to load my bin file on it... no guarantee it would work,but i didn't think it could mess it up any more than it was.

0:36 later, car fired up.

Great product, and very impressed that it was able to recover a computer that died during a HPP3 install.

****note, HP tuners does not reccomend random flashing of 1998 computers, with any file other than one starting from a downloaded from that computer ****

I tried anyway, and it worked great

I took care of the editing necessary with the better product, and now there is a hpp3 paperweight. it could not even recover itself.

Ryan.
1998 WS6 TA M6 Bright Red. ASC #370 -- SOLD
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:19 PM   #2
11 Second Club

Trader Rating: 0

My laptop crached while I was writing to my 99 C5 I was able to rewrite to it again and it worked great!
Dragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:31 PM   #3
TECH Senior Member

I lost my PCM a few years back due to my stupid USB to Serial adapter losing connection... this was w/ls1 edit... since then I bought a spare PCM and would not flash my car unless I had the spare and tools to swap PCMs with me...

Now I have no worries about pulling over on a road and flashing my PCM That is one of the biggest things I love about HP Tuners When Keith showed me the software before it was released .. he did EVERYTHING you can do to kill the PCM during a write... but in the end it recovered it Truly awesome software!

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned w/Real Time Tuning
1987 Peugeot 505 V6 - SOLD
1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo 4 banger - SOLD
horist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #4
TECH Addict

I think the best thing about HPtuners is that it loads a new image in under a minute. It pulls down the VCM in two minutes. Awesome.

*SOLD* 2003 Malibu 3.1 A4: HPTuners, K&N

*SOLD* 1998 Camaro Z28 M6: HPTuners, SLP Lid, Lakewood Adjustable Panhard, UMI Performance SFCs and STB, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback with Dynomax 17221 3" Muffler, Mobil-1, NGK TR55s, Hypertech 160 Degree Thermostat, !FRA !EGR, !AIR, Thunder Racing MAF Ends, Shaner S3 TB
Another_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:24 PM   #5
DEV
Teching In

Default flashing gm computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow
a local person used an inferior editing tool earlier in the week... battery died and was stranded.

Put a post on a local message board, asking if anybody can flash a 1998 Ta.

I told him i had hptuners and could try to load my bin file on it... no guarantee it would work,but i didn't think it could mess it up any more than it was.

0:36 later, car fired up.

Great product, and very impressed that it was able to recover a computer that died during a HPP3 install.

****note, HP tuners does not reccomend random flashing of 1998 computers, with any file other than one starting from a downloaded from that computer ****

I tried anyway, and it worked great

I took care of the editing necessary with the better product, and now there is a hpp3 paperweight. it could not even recover itself.

Ryan.
can hptuners edit out all other sensors all i have is two o2s and an egr valve
DEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:05 PM   #6
TECH Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEV
can hptuners edit out all other sensors all i have is two o2s and an egr valve

HP Tuners can disable or enable just about anything that is controlled by your VCM. It is a high quality tool and very fail safe.
monodax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #7
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Trader Rating: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to wait4me

why would you have an egr valve, and two 02s? egr is just an emmissions device???/ you can delete anything you want, but the car begins to run like crap, after you take a bunch out of it, alot of the program depends on imput from other sensors, and the more you take away from it the more it cant keep up????
wait4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement