Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mo money mo problems!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mo money mo problems!

Have 02 WS6 M6. 402 LS2 W/LS3 heads. Recently got car back from shop and runs terrible. Only performance changes were upgrade from stock LS3 Intake, FAST 92TB to FAST 102, NW 102 TB and FAST rails. Installer stated my SVO injectors would not work with new set up so he installed infinity injectors and new pigtails as well.
Now I have a car that runs like **** and is now throwing a P0103 and P0200. I found the ground on the back of drivers head was loose and hoped I had the issue solved but cleared codes and both came right back.
I've had this car 4 years and never had an SES light, it has had drivability issues but not to this extent. MAF is an SLP 85MM unit. Other than checking their wiring on the injectors and swapping the MAF out of my 05 Sierra to make sure the MAF is good I'm out of ideas.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

And you paid this performance shop? Here's an idea. Why aren't you returning it to them?
Old 11-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where does it say I paid them? The mention of money was in reference to the purchase of the parts. No. They were not paid for work they were not able to complete. They had my car nearly a year. This is obviously above their head and the car will not be returning to them. If I need advice on dealing with the shop I'll place that somewhere else. For now I would like advice on the issues presented in the original post.

Last edited by 86t/a383; 11-29-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 86t/a383
Where does it say I paid them? The mention of money was in reference to the purchase of the parts. No. They were not paid for work they were not able to complete. They had my car nearly a year. This is obviously above their head and the car will not be returning to them. If I need advice on dealing with the shop I'll place that somewhere else. For now I would like advice on the issues presented in the original post.
Well I'll be sure and help now. Be right back.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Mo money mo problems!

Car should have been taken away from shop at first sign of trouble...

those mods are typically done by the least experienced of us here in our driveways on a Saturday afternoon, this says alot about the shop's ineptness...

leaving them the car hoping and/or mandating that they get it right is counterproductive...

and you have no idea what parts they "borrowed" from your car to use on their other jobs, I bet this is what happened why your car runs poorly.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:46 AM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you spent less money on paying other people to work on your car maybe you would have more money and less problems... ? Wait. Does experience make you better at doing work on cars? If so, then yes, if the parts you destroy in the process do not add up to more than the money you save using experience on later parts that you dont break. Or something! Why does it have to be so complicated!
Old 11-30-2015, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your SVO injectors (assuming 36ish lb@3 bar) would have been fine. A little high on the duty cycle but okay. My LS3(42lb at 4bar) injectors are at about 67% DC with north of 450whp.

First things first.

Changing injects absolutely requires changes in the tune. When they are not manufacturer injectors that do not have exhaustive data on them tuning can and most likely will be difficult. Injector data is probably the most important part of the engines operation(next to a working crank sensor :-).

Make sure that data is correct in the tune. The injector circuit fault is probably the shop having gotten the polarity wrong on one or more of the injectors if they had to do ANY soldering/crimping of the pigtails. Despite the fact they are just coils of wire the injector polarity is important.

Your MAF high fail is also probably due to tuning issues. Unless the MAF is far away from the TB the changes to TB and intake will affect their flow characteristics not just the increase in airflow they allow. You're MAF table will need to be altered.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Your lack of knowledge in the troubleshooting/repair department would probably be best resolved in a ton of research r just picking a better shop to repair the previous shop's BS. If you have a rough running car, not just erratic idle/low power issues the injector wiring is probably where the repair process should start. No one can tune a car with bad hard parts.

Quick Reply: Mo money mo problems!