PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam and Crank Triggers

Old 06-14-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam and Crank Triggers

Hello. I have an Autronic SM2 that I'd like to install on an LS1 and it requires cam and crank triggers. Is there an easy way to install cam and crank trigger sensors on an LS1?

Thanks
Ben
Old 06-15-2004, 10:45 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,087 Likes on 716 Posts

What is an SM2?

Can you just take signal from the factory sensors or does the crank signal need to be converted to 4x or something?
Old 06-24-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Depends

The autronic needs 4x crank signal, which it looks like the FAST decoder box can produce. The #1 crank trigger needs to be 60 deg. BTDC. (60 degree trigger angle)

the cam signal- can be hall effect or magnetic. I'm not sure what the stock signal is. Anyone know what the stock signal is like?- when does it trigger? Is there only one signal per camshaft revolution?

Also- the cam signal has to be between 50 degrees BTDC compression stroke and 20 degrees ATDC combustion stroke

Thanks again Pro Stock John
Ben
Old 06-24-2004, 07:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,087 Likes on 716 Posts

1. The FAST decoder box converts the factory 24x signal to 4x.

2. The factory cam signal is hall effect.

3. You should email Kurt @ W2W, his email address is kuperf@aol.com. He can get you the crank box and help you install it.

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
The autronic needs 4x crank signal, which it looks like the FAST decoder box can produce. The #1 crank trigger needs to be 60 deg. BTDC. (60 degree trigger angle)

the cam signal- can be hall effect or magnetic. I'm not sure what the stock signal is. Anyone know what the stock signal is like?- when does it trigger? Is there only one signal per camshaft revolution?

Also- the cam signal has to be between 50 degrees BTDC compression stroke and 20 degrees ATDC combustion stroke

Thanks again Pro Stock John
Ben

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cam and Crank Triggers