Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vats disable security light still on

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vats disable security light still on

Im going to try and make this short as possible. I have hp tuners and did a vats removal on my SS silverado. Well... a year later someone breaks into my truck... steals most interior including dash all controls, front end, cut battery wires in the process. Forgot to tell yall... they didnt have a key so they broke shifter so they can remove dash. So claim insurance and finally got paid to fix. Im a dealer so i went to auction and bought a wrecked truck and took the interior, steering column, and radio. So i have it all together and it starts and drives great. But now security light is on and radio locked. When I originally tested the radio before everything was put together it all worked. Even the controls on the steering wheel. Now if I unplug the radio and then plug it back in while the trucks running it will work for a few seconds then lock. I have checked my VATS system over and over through HP tuners and everything I can find is off. I even took out the DTCs for Theft Protection.... im lost... what do i need to do??
Old 03-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 03-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I don't know how VATS works in the truck. I know VATS doesn't disable in an F-Body via the PCM, because it's part of the BCM. If it works that way in the truck, that might be the issue.

Did you take to the dealer to see what they could do? If the BCM has to be reprogrammed, only Tech II will do it.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The security light on the dash is not a DTC you can turn offf, it comes from the BCM.
Re-enable vats in your PCM and do a VATS relearn to marry the BCM to the PCM, it should turn the light off. You can disable vats again after this.

Quick Reply: Vats disable security light still on