Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My review of my TERRIBLE experience with Livernois Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 09:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by jaydubb
The sewing machine noise is a given. Mine was doing this wild 1500-2000 loud "clack-clack" crap. Only when you hold the RPM there for an extended amout of time. Come to a stop, CLACK CLACK CLACK. Oh... during this CLACK CLACK crap, I could hear an audible miss. And feel it. The CLACK CLACK would stop after idling about a minute. Or if you hold the RPM above 2000 RPM. I could drive at 75 mph in 5th gear (2500 RPM) and I wouldnt hear ANY CLACK CLACK at all!

Installed the 7.425 pushrods and viola! No more 1500-2000 RPM CLACK CLACK CLACK.

Still sounds like Grandma's old Singer sewing machine... LOL!
Metal on metal clacking is no good! Usually when I nail the lifter preload the engine is pretty quiet, a trunion upgrade usually takes a little noise away as well. Mine was so bad I could hear the sewing machine noise over the exhaust.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

In my state (CA), the BBB inclues the BAR which handles complaint regarding automotive repair...

but be careful, in CA the BAR also administers smog testing, and the BAR also enforces smog compliance... if they suspect your car is cheating smog (engine mods, tuning, non-CARB EO bolt ons), they will make your life miserable...

so I don't know how it works in your state, but do be careful.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joecar
In my state (CA), the BBB inclues the BAR which handles complaint regarding automotive repair...

but be careful, in CA the BAR also administers smog testing, and the BAR also enforces smog compliance... if they suspect your car is cheating smog (engine mods, tuning, non-CARB EO bolt ons), they will make your life miserable...

so I don't know how it works in your state, but do be careful.
Thanks for the heads up! It's hard to do anything with these negligent companies when they do something wrong now days. If you take it to court you end up losing on the tail end because of time and lawyer costs. I wish the BBB did a better job with protecting the average Joe customer especially in the auto enthusiast world.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Update: Livernois Motorsports is refusing to remove torque management from my tune. I'm sure we all know how simple that is to do. Instead they want me to travel to Michigan and pay to put it on the dyno to have it removed. Check out the emails. I called and spoke to Anthony Mahaney (the one responsible for dealing with the remote tuning) and he told me "it's turned down as much as we normally turn it down for drag racing and any further would require dyno time". Dyno time to remove torque management???

BTW just a reminder of what they claim on their website for remote tunes. "we include free tune updates for all supported performance upgrades along with true customization of your tune allowing us to make the vehicle exactly what you want it to be".

Anyway enough beating a dead horse. I'm doing what I should've done a long time ago and going to SpeedInc in Chicago.
Attached Thumbnails My review of my TERRIBLE experience with Livernois Motorsports-screenshot_2017-07-12-08-58-44.png   My review of my TERRIBLE experience with Livernois Motorsports-screenshot_2017-07-12-09-01-15.png  
Old 07-12-2017, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Thats messed up and a crock. They just want you to go away.

Edit...I thought there was a button sequence to turn off traction control.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Thats messed up and a crock. They just want you to go away.

Edit...I thought there was a button sequence to turn off traction control.
Yeah they are definitely trying to run me off. Some kind of customer service! Hopefully after they do enough people wrong they come to their senses when they lose more money.

There is but at least on the 5th gens (not sure about the 4th gens) there's torque management that is completely separate from the traction control. it can only be adjusted by a tuner. It basically governs the motor. When you floor the gas pedal, the TM is turning your throttle plate back to limit and control engine power Which is supposed to be safer for the car, driveline and the driver so the car is less likely to get away from you or cause damage to the driveline. In drag racing this can really hurt your 60ft times because it causes you to bog off the line if you launch hard.

I posted an HPtuners snapshot of it someone posted on the Camaro5 forum
Attached Thumbnails My review of my TERRIBLE experience with Livernois Motorsports-tm1-1.jpg  
Old 07-12-2017, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

You got fired as a customer
Old 07-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by big hammer
You got fired as a customer
lol ik. If lawyers fees weren't so expensive and I would get money back out out the deal I'd take this to court. But oh well, thought it was worth a try since I know some new employees work there. A new tuner is WAY overdue.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by BooneSS13
lol ik. If lawyers fees weren't so expensive and I would get money back out out the deal I'd take this to court. But oh well, thought it was worth a try since I know some new employees work there. A new tuner is WAY overdue.
Sometimes a customers dollars aren't worth the trouble they cause. So they either fire you as a customer or hit you hard with the ******* tax
Old 07-12-2017, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the insite Livernoise. I won't ever go down that road.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not defending Livernois Motorsports. But on a manual trans 5th gen Camaro, there is no torque management when you turn off the traction control & stability control. The Maximum Torque Rpm vs Gear is at 6042 ft lbs stock, and the Torque Limit vs RPM > Max Torque for 1st through 6th has no effect.

That being said, I had to retune a customer's Livernois Motorsport H/C package on a 2006 GTO. It had a P0106 map code that they said was not tune related and very poor drive ability. The customer tried new map sensors, checked for vacuum leaks etc.

The cause of the P0106 was because of the lower vacuum from the cam, that they didn't disable the P0106 map test (very common when tuning for an aftermarket cam). The WOT AFR was as lean as 16.5! The spark tables, idle speed & High Maf table were all at stock values.

The only things that were changed was the skip shift was disabled, disabled cat tests, lowered the fan temp, and raised the speed limiter.

Russ Kemp
Old 07-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Russ K
I'm not defending Livernois Motorsports. But on a manual trans 5th gen Camaro, there is no torque management when you turn off the traction control & stability control. The Maximum Torque Rpm vs Gear is at 6042 ft lbs stock, and the Torque Limit vs RPM > Max Torque for 1st through 6th has no effect.

That being said, I had to retune a customer's Livernois Motorsport H/C package on a 2006 GTO. It had a P0106 map code that they said was not tune related and very poor drive ability. The customer tried new map sensors, checked for vacuum leaks etc.

The cause of the P0106 was because of the lower vacuum from the cam, that they didn't disable the P0106 map test (very common when tuning for an aftermarket cam). The WOT AFR was as lean as 16.5! The spark tables, idle speed & High Maf table were all at stock values.

The only things that were changed was the skip shift was disabled, disabled cat tests, lowered the fan temp, and raised the speed limiter.

Russ Kemp
The picture I posted was someone else's vehicle and that was after all the values were adjusted. On the other hand that is good to know about how the tune had to be adjusted, 16.5:1 is unacceptable! I'm assuming that's why they lock their tunes, to hide craziness like that.

The original thread was showing how to disable TM on a manual transmission car I believe. Here's the link to the original thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203433
Old 07-16-2017, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread was started in 6/2016. If they are so terrible why are you still trying to use them a year later.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Sometimes a customers dollars aren't worth the trouble they cause. So they either fire you as a customer or hit you hard with the ******* tax
quoted for truth.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
This thread was started in 6/2016. If they are so terrible why are you still trying to use them a year later.
Because I'm just now finishing my build. Been saving $$$ to have it retuned in the meantime. Doesn't matter if this started 10 years ago, I paid for something and am not getting what I paid for.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
quoted for truth.
Please explain exactly how I'M the one causing the trouble...
Old 07-16-2017, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I didn't say YOU were, I was just agreeing with what big hammer stated about shops firing customers. Some customers aren't worth the money..no matter how much they are spending.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you started this thread last year warning people to stay away and here we are a year later and you are still using them and bitching about them. I would have fired you too.

Edit read first post again and this started in 2015.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Well you started this thread last year warning people to stay away and here we are a year later and you are still using them and bitching about them. I would have fired you too.

Edit read first post again and this started in 2015.
if this thread it bothers you so much then why are you here?
Old 07-16-2017, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I didn't say YOU were, I was just agreeing with what big hammer stated about shops firing customers. Some customers aren't worth the money..no matter how much they are spending.
oh okay. Yeah that's fine. Fire too many customers and you'll be out of business like Lethal and the others. Seems like that's the road they're going down

Quick Reply: My review of my TERRIBLE experience with Livernois Motorsports