Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM TCC control question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCM TCC control question

I built a standalone harness for my swap short time later my tcc got stuck in lockup after checking everything else I puled Pin 42 from the red connector and it finally unlocked. When I put my meter on the wire for pin 42 it shows as a ground as soon as I plug it back into the PCM I am stuck in lockup again
Is it normal for the TCC wire going to RED connector PIN 42 to show as a ground? If it is then could my PCM of went bad I have checked everything so far and ruled it out as electrical problem but am lost now
Old 06-23-2016, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unplug the wire and check continuity to ground, If you have continuity, it has a short to ground in the wire somewhere. It could be rubbed through in the trans tunnel or pinched somewhere.

If it shows no continuity, I would remove the pin from the harness and insert another pin that just has a short section of wire attached to it, then you can use that wire to see if the PCM is really giving a ground signal. If it is, was there anything changed in the tune? If not then it could be bad PCM.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thx for the reply I did figure out my TCC lockup my setup is in a 92 s10 and the break light circuit works the same way the TCC does with constant 12v till the break pedal is pressed I had the TCC pedal wire on the wrong end.

I do have code p1860 that I have been chasing forever so far I replaced both TCC and TCC PWM solenoids dropped the V Body and did the Valve upgrade checked continuity on pin 42 and pin 2 both show 12v both pins go to there solenoids. I'm pretty much at a loss I cant check the tune since I borrowed HP tuners at the time and its really just a basic tune so it would run correctly.

Right now I figure either I have a bad PCM or when I stripped down my harness I removed a ground I wasn't suppose to but I cant find out which pin would have the ground circuit the goes to C2 Pin 2 for the TCC PWM
Old 06-28-2016, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Take a look at this info, it should help you figure it out.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bowtie316
Take a look at this info, it should help you figure it out.
Thx I'll check it out

Quick Reply: PCM TCC control question