Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me find a new MVPI PRO Data Logger :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me find a new MVPI PRO Data Logger :(

Hello, I'm in a desperate situation at the moment...I have MVPI Pro Suite of HP Tuners (bought in 08 so it's 3.x version) & a friend at a local garage accidentally fried my data logger when he hooked an LM2 wideband to the logger...all I'm wanting is a way to get a replacement data logger without having buy all brand new software...is there anyone out there who can point me to where to find a new one or if someone has one they'd be willing to sell? Desperately in need of the logger at the moment & would much appreciate any help....
Old 07-16-2016, 02:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you inquired of support@hptuners about a repair (which
at their end might be a replace) since you're a legit customer?
That way you might (?) get to keep the credits investment
which on a secondhand unit, could be a crap-shoot?
Old 07-16-2016, 08:42 PM
Teching In

So your saying even with a new data logger Id have to rebuy all new software?...I personally have yet to contact them but my friend had tried to after he had fried it...I will attempt to contact them myself tonight...anyone else with any information please reply...terrible heartbreaker on this one
Old 07-16-2016, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's not the software you lose, it's the licenses you will lose. Vehicles you've already licensed with your old cable. So it depends what has been licensed on your cable. If it's only your vehicle then you're not losing much. Their repair cost should be less than purchasing a new cable. I don't know what their policy is if it is unrepairable. I had mine repaired once and only paid shipping both ways.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:47 AM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

The software is free. The data logger is everything.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

just curious how it was fried? I am in the process of learning hp tuners and just fired up my swap and will need to hook up a wide band soon. Is there a schematic on how to hook it up to avoid this?
Old 07-17-2016, 10:23 PM

The first thing is don't use a power inverter to run the laptop while you're logging. Causes a ground loop and fries the MVPI

Last edited by Darth_V8r; 07-18-2016 at 06:23 PM. Reason: realized I spelled MVPI wrong :doh:
Old 07-18-2016, 04:17 PM
Teching In

He didn't use an hour inverter on the laptop but the widebands gauge was using a do outlet (that's how it came from factory)...I have my friends & one more persons car saved to my account which is a concern...I still need to speak with tech service just been working a lot of nights...I'm bumping this thread just to keep in touch with everyone here...thank you for replying and any all comments I read thoroughly
Old 07-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
It's not the software you lose, it's the licenses you will lose. Vehicles you've already licensed with your old cable. So it depends what has been licensed on your cable. If it's only your vehicle then you're not losing much. Their repair cost should be less than purchasing a new cable. I don't know what their policy is if it is unrepairable. I had mine repaired once and only paid shipping both ways.
So let's say I get a new one and lose the license to the vehicle...I don't mind buying new credits to do so but will I be able to get back into the PCMS if I've already licensed them once?
Old 07-18-2016, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A new cable will come with 8 credits to use however you choose so you won't have to buy any credits. Are you sure you've used this product before? After you license the PCM it will work exactly like the old cable did.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:19 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here...

If you buy a new cable, you'll connect to your car, and it will ask you if you want to commit credits to license the car. Say no, and it's read only. Say yes, and you can tune.

If the car has previously been tuned, it doesn't change anything. The credits license that cable for that car. 270 different cables can license the same car - at 2 credits each.

that what you're looking for?

edit - I noticed in your original post that you said you "bought it in 08, so it's version 3.x". Version 3.0 came out a few months ago and 3.2 JUST came out, so are you saying you've kept up with your software updates, or....

Last edited by Darth_V8r; 07-18-2016 at 06:22 PM. Reason: HPT version
Old 07-18-2016, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even if it's fried they can help you recover the licenses and transfer them to a new MPVI module.
I suggest you contact support

Quick Reply: Please help me find a new MVPI PRO Data Logger :(