PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO332 with NO drivability issues! ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PO332 with NO drivability issues! ?

Hello, after I purchased my 01 TA I drove it for about two hours and had no problems whatsoever. Then I put a KN air filter on it and added a bottle of Lucas fuel injector cleaner, and
within 10 miles or so after that I threw the PO332 code. The car runs amazing and has a lot of power, no hesitation, and seems to get good fuel economy. After I clear the code it comes back. Maybe the car is running a little lean with the KN filter?? I wound up clearing the code twice and on the final drive started to reset the PCM doing the drive cycle, and now it says there is a PO 332 "pending". Only my Evap needs to be set at this point. I'm thinking either The fuel injector cleaner stirred something up creating a hotspot and knock in one of the cylinders, or maybe The car just is running a little lean with the KN filter. Has anyone had a similar instance and will a pending code effect a future inspection in New York State?
Old 09-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very common problem with these cars. Most likely needs new knock sensors and harness under intake manifold. The seals have a tendency to let water get in and corrode the sensors. I had to do this when I bought my 02 and it doesn't take too long.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a royal PITA. Looking for a quality mechanic that knows the LS1 on Long Island. Changing plugs looks fun too!

Quick Reply: PO332 with NO drivability issues! ?