Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo anyone?

Alrighty then, I am now a proud owner of a Diablo tuner I2. Pretty nifty lil thing. Only thing is....who in the hell supplies the tunes? There are plenty of places that sell the tuners but not the tunes or use Diablo. I'm south Florida bound. All I have around me are HP tuners. Does anyone know someone tunes with Diablo in Boca Raton area? I found one guy in Boynton but he said he would need to use a dyno. Which I'm trying to avoid. Also, does having a handheld tuner "I2 or Trinity" really require a dyno? All I want is my bolt on upgrades dialed in. Any idea or help would be great. Thanks, this is my first time with a tuner so I am very knew to this
Old 08-19-2016, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have an older style diablo. As far as tunes go try their forum community. For the most part they can get you started but in the long run you'll want to learn it for yourself.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak7
Alrighty then, I am now a proud owner of a Diablo tuner I2. Pretty nifty lil thing. Only thing is....who in the hell supplies the tunes? There are plenty of places that sell the tuners but not the tunes or use Diablo. I'm south Florida bound. All I have around me are HP tuners. Does anyone know someone tunes with Diablo in Boca Raton area? I found one guy in Boynton but he said he would need to use a dyno. Which I'm trying to avoid. Also, does having a handheld tuner "I2 or Trinity" really require a dyno? All I want is my bolt on upgrades dialed in. Any idea or help would be great. Thanks, this is my first time with a tuner so I am very knew to this

what's the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle?

What mods are done to it?

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 08-26-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you spoke to Thunder in Boynton, Steve is a great guy and would take care of you.
If you were just looking for an email tune that's no problem, Lew (06MonteSS) can handle that most likely using logs from the tool.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2016, 09:38 AM
Teching In

I do plan on learning the device myself. And i did speak to Steve at Thunder, he said he'd work with me, but again by doing it on a dyno....which i rather avoid doing. I rather work with data logs and doing an email tune. And as for my car, it's a 98 ws6, with a 01 PCM and a 01 vette engine swap. Longtube pacesetter headers, 3inch catless all the way back with off road y pipe. 3.73 gears. MSD coil wires. LS6 intake. 92 mil TB. 1800 stall TC. Trans rebuild and Speed shift kit. SLP exhaust with gutted resonator. Volant ram air. NGKR plugs. Racetronix pump. And i think thats it. I used the 93 octane boost tune that came with the tuner, smoothed things up a bit
Old 08-31-2016, 12:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

honestly, being a swap, and with the aftermarket/non-stock parts you have, different tranny, etc.. I would actually recommend getting that car done at that shop on a dyno to get things dialed in 100%... not something I'd be interested in touching via an email tune..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-31-2016, 08:05 PM
Teching In

So a Dyno tune would be my best bet? I'm just really trying to avoid throwing a rod or something or something like that. lm very new to this so, I do have my doubts and worries, but you guys are the pros. I know ls1s are beastly but still
Old 08-31-2016, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dyno/street tunes are almost always going to be the best bet when you've made numerous changes from stock as a good starting point. Once that dyno tune is in, then email tunes become a viable alternative as you data log more information.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am here?

Oh THAT diablo. nevermind I thought this was something else...

^^ A word of caution when using "hand held tuners" to "increase performance" as often this entails leaner A/F ratios and more timing advance. Those are the two unfriendliest things you can do to a daily driver if you are using poor fuel.

Quick Reply: Diablo anyone?