PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting the GM Plug n' Play wire harness fuse/relay box?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting the GM Plug n' Play wire harness fuse/relay box?

What is the cleanest way to mount the GM Plug n' Play wire harness fuse/relay box? It will be sitting on a flat surface.

There are a number of clip points molded into the side of the box, so it would seem there would be a variety of "factory" mounting clips available. Part numbers? Sources? Other mounting approaches?

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Depending on what you are installing it in and the length of the harness many people mount them under the dash behind the glove box. As far as mounting brackets are concerned you could look at what ECU model you have and find out what vehicles it was used in then look at sources like salvage yards and E-bay for the mount.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
Depending on what you are installing it in and the length of the harness many people mount them under the dash behind the glove box. As far as mounting brackets are concerned you could look at what ECU model you have and find out what vehicles it was used in then look at sources like salvage yards and E-bay for the mount.
Thanks, LLL. The ECU and harness are spec'd for the LS3 376/480 crate motor, all from Chevy Performance. The motor with engine control harness is going into a one-off roadster. The ECU and fuse/relay box will mount to a flat panel under a removable cowl section. I suspect GM went to the parts bin for the fuse/relay box, but I'll do some checking and try to find a matching model and mounts. I can always bolt through the bottom of the box to the panel or make up a bottom plate mount, but I'm hoping I can find something more elegant.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LLLosingit:
As far as mounting brackets are concerned you could look at what ECU model you have and find out what vehicles it was used in then look at sources like salvage yards and E-bay for the mount.
Turns out the fuse/relay center used on the LS3 crate motor harness is indeed a parts bin item--from the Astro/Safari vans no less. The mounting basket is GM part number 15723696, a $7 item available from Pace Performance and GM parts houses. The factory mount should work in most cases, but due to shape/space constraints I'm going to attach two straps to the bottom of the fuse/relay center and bolt these to my flat panel.

Quick Reply: Mounting the GM Plug n' Play wire harness fuse/relay box?