PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed jet chip and car is running like CRAP..HELP!

Old 06-20-2004, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed jet chip and car is running like CRAP..HELP!

I took out the jet chip today...figured I'd have enough time to let it relearn the normal/stock fuel curves...well, first after plugging the ECU back in it wouldnt start..???? ....then I figured out that I hadnt tighted the ecu in right so I got the connection right being extra careful not to over tighten the ecu and hooked my battery back up and it started but felt like it had thrown a rod or something..I mean it's running ROUGH spittering and sputtering and backfiring I tried to drive it and it feels like it's got no power..I mean it barley get's down the street...did I fock something up?

Then I reset the ECU via the fuses tried driving it again and it was worse...am I just being to anxious, does it need more time to reset the fuel curves or did I mis-sequence the removal somehow? All I know is it as running fine with the chip and now it's running like ****....I need some input here...

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-20-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

after you connected the PCM back, you should turn on the key (not start, just on) for 15-30 seconds. then start it.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

It never got any better today...the way it was driving I may have to take it to the dealer tomorrow...

Search this Thread