PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley efi which system add ons , what do I need for my setup?

Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley efi which system add ons , what do I need for my setup?

Anyone with experience with this system please chime in. I'll give you the low down on what I have now and what is to come in the near future. I have a 98 z28 that is getting an insanely expensive overhaul this winter. On the too do list are the following:
408 tsp long block with prc 247 heads, custom turbo cam, dragon slayer crank, Oliver billet I beams , and mahle Pistons .
custom fabricated twin turbo setup- may run the bb Benita 7868s I have or something with a little more turbine." Currently running a single Benita , on a basically stock ls1 "tsp cam, ls6 intake only"
nasty n8 sumped tank, with a custom fuel system to support 1500 rwhp with water/meth
this is the kicker as I hear the seperate versions of the Holley efi are mainly identical except for electronic transmission control: tick performance level 5 tr6060 transmission" would allow the less expensive efi setup "
crp fab 9 with s-trac posi and 3:55 gears(not set in stone yet on the gear ratio but without a doubt I'm running Carl's fab 9!!!)
all other suspension mods , chromoly k member , lca's , chromoly drive shaft etc.
this is a street car that will be driven daily from the end of spring till the end of fall in the north east every year , and will see strip time every Sunday from April till September. The car needs to handle well , have street manners , but hook and go straight every Sunday . What system should I run with here, and why. What add ons should I go with , and an estimate on cost? I'm trying to stay below 3000.00 which from what I understand can get me all the bells and whistles. I'm figuring around 35k total for a 9 second m6 street car that is as reliable as possible .

Old 09-24-2016, 01:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Go with the Dominator, Main reason is it supports 2x o2 sensors, HP only supports 1 That and with the Dominator you will have room to grow with all the inputs/outputs.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Dominator all the way. I/o get used up in a hurry. Heck with my very basic nitrous Camaro I've got a bunch. N2o arm, bottle heater, bottle pressure, 2 fans, datalog arm, master warning light, clutch switch input for 2 step, etc. The HP strikes me as the ecu of choice for basic swaps. The Dom gives you lots of flexibility and room for expansion. Plus if you ever want to go fast and get an auto trans it's a piece of cake.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

If anyone is interested I know where you can get the I/O plugs pretty cheap.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm looking for a complete system , everything needed to control boost , meth injection , and most likely intend on running their digital dash as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Holley efi which system add ons , what do I need for my setup?