Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Service Engine Soon, "Oh My"

Old 10-24-2016, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing Service Engine Soon, "Oh My"

So,

My car busted a exhaust gasket over a year ago. It happened right before deployment and when I finally pulled it out of Storage I made plans to fix it. I Would get the light and I heard clicking or tapping and figured it was the Valve opening and closing that I heard extra loud with the busted gasket.

Well fastforward to today. I pulled the gasket to my dismay of sorts it was burned but intake. Not broken like I thought. It was probably ready for a change on some level anyways, but clearly not the issue.

I then chose to have the Service Engine Soon code Read and this is what I'm getting:

Car was an auto now its a manual and I was told it had the skip shift installed maybe something isnt plugged in underneath?

Ya no Idea here

Maybe related to the random cylinder misfire?

Maybe related to the random cylinder misfire?

Thinking possibly a bad knock sensor? Car runs great sometimes then the light flashes and the motor runs bad and misfires a lot.

No idea here

So anyways motor runs great sometimes light comes on and motor runs real rough. THinking the clicking and tapping is actually the cylinders misfiring. Maybe my tune is wack? Or bad knock sensor causing random issues like the cylinder misfire?

After looking some more, i suppose I could have bad O2's as that has caused the issue for others, someone recommended checking the motor mounts as another possible culprit. I figure change the plugs maybe change the o2's go from there unless someone has a better idea?

Last edited by silent_soul; 10-24-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flashing Service Engine Soon, "Oh My"