Sponsored by:

PCM swap hdw interchangeability

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM swap hdw interchangeability

I have a bricked pcm on my swap came out of yukon 5.3 05 serv# 12589463
hdw#12589162 probably a faulty hardware, i have the tune flash file, can i flash this tune to a spare pcm, i have two spares each with different hdw numbers. is hdw number matching a necessity when swapping pcms.

spare pcm 1 = serv#12589462
hdw#12589161

spare 2 = serv#12586243
hdw#12583659

Thanks,
Ahmy
Old 11-28-2016, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the replacement is also green/blue connectors you can flash your current tune to it without problems.
The only issue I have seen is with 06-07 PCMS flashed with older operating systems, they sometimes do funny things like rough idle or erratic trans behavior.
First check if the spare PCM you have has a compatible OS already in it, if it doesn't then flash it with yours and test.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
If the replacement is also green/blue connectors you can flash your current tune to it without problems.
The only issue I have seen is with 06-07 PCMS flashed with older operating systems, they sometimes do funny things like rough idle or erratic trans behavior.
First check if the spare PCM you have has a compatible OS already in it, if it doesn't then flash it with yours and test.
I`ve already sourced a third pcm with matching hdw number will be kept in my pcm off the shelf collection , good to know that hdw matching isn`t necessary as long as i have the right OS.

Ill instead flash a spare pcm that supports IAC plannin to run dbc ill report my testing.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2016, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have flashed P01 (red/blue) and P59 (green/blue) PCMs with every OS out there. I have yet to brick a single PCM.

Why do you want to go DBC? There is no real advantage doing that.
Since your vehicle is a swap and need to rewire the harness anyway for DBC, I suggest converting to a 411 PCM, they have better custom OS support and RTT than P59.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
I have flashed P01 (red/blue) and P59 (green/blue) PCMs with every OS out there. I have yet to brick a single PCM.

Why do you want to go DBC? There is no real advantage doing that.
Since your vehicle is a swap and need to rewire the harness anyway for DBC, I suggest converting to a 411 PCM, they have better custom OS support and RTT than P59.
With the bricked pcm engine doesnt run pcm is unaccessible on bench though i can still hear the TP clicks when ign is on im not really sure if its really bricked or not but im going 2 replace it , ill see if i can read the dead pcm thru bdm nd recover it when i have time later. true that i need to source a 411 pcm dont have one right now

Quick Reply: PCM swap hdw interchangeability