PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive by wire

Old 01-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive by wire

OK so I've been having an issue for quite some time with my electronic throttle body. Need some help. Recently I've been getting nothing but the u0107 code which is saying I'm losing comms with the tac. I started noticing issues at WOT as the engine would cut out around 4k rpm. Kinda embarrassing when I'm racing. I already replaced the pedal position sensor, throttle position sensor, throttle body clip, and harness from TAC to Pedal. I've re-ran every wire to everywhere with this electronic setup. Only things I haven't done yet is replace the 16 wire clip on the TAC and the actual TAC itself. Anyone else have this issue and any luck resolving it? I attached pics of the TAC TAC p/n
The left plug harness has been replaced wth a new one. The right plug is on order
Old 01-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Nobody has this same issue?
Old 01-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is this on. what ecu and tac?
Old 01-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

It's off of an 04 suburban with I believe the blue/green ecu. All I know about the TAC is what the pic shows as far as part number and what not. The pedal is off the same. It has been programmed for standalone and tuned. I've had issues with the DBW for a while now but not the u0107. That's the only code I get now. How likely is the actual mechanics in the throttle body the fault or even the TAC?
Old 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I would lean more toward the tac module. If the tac has a circuit that is faulty it would do the same as losing power/ground and throw a lost comm code
Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

"Update" so I replaced the connector that was coming in the mail and still no change. When I turn the key on I press the gas pedal and it sounds almost like the butterfly isn't smooth operation. I do it for 2 more times then I get nothing and it throws the code. After I clear the code I go to start it up and it sounds like the engine chokes for a second then starts up at high rpm with no throttle response. My next component to change is the TAC so does it matter which TAC to use? Pedal, pcm, and throttle are from 04 suburban 5.3 flex fuel option, not sure if that matters
Old 01-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

BTW is there any way of knowing it's the TAC other than what it's doing?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Try monitoring different PIDS. Look at acc position , throttle blade position vs desired. maybe you might be able to tell a little more that way but If its the TAC I don't think you will.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Staging Lane

Well I ordered 2 different tacs from ebay yesterday. One from a truck another from a hummer. Hopefully this fixes it. Thanks for the help
Old 01-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vroque210
Well I ordered 2 different tacs from ebay yesterday. One from a truck another from a hummer. Hopefully this fixes it. Thanks for the help
I assume you know but be sure your etc tables match your tac / petal and do a relearn when you install
Old 01-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

No I didn't know I had to do a relearn. I'm not a tuner. All I kw is how to read codes and clear them with a actron scanner. Basically I have to take it to a ls tuner to do it since it's already been stand alone tuned?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Well after a lot of frustration and replacement of unnecessary parts I think I finally figured out what was happening. I replaced each wire and re-ran each lead but apparently the stupid ground I was wiring to wasn't a secure or complete connection. The short was so intermittent and so quick that it kept throwing the code very momentarily. I didn't hook up a multimeter to check cause I only had a light tester but it showed instantly when I hooked it up. Now I have 2 extra tac modules to sell.....CHECK YOUR GROUNDS PEOPLE.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Turns out that didn't fix my issue. Still is acting up and even swapped the extra tac modules I had with no different result....I'm stumped

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drive by wire