Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone maf tune with ls2edit

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone maf tune with ls2edit

I use hpt to tune all gen4 ls vehicles and half way competent with it. I am working on one now(e67) that I am having to use ls2 edit and I am not familiar with it and can't seem to find much info on it. I need to tune maf and can't find any info on how. I would Love to be able to with hpt but it's not possible. I have it running and have scanned it. The cal maf airflow and the actual airflow are a mile off and its very rich. I have used edit scan program to scan it and have also been able to scan it with efilive. HPTuners will not scan this particular ecm due to the fact that different segments have been swap and it has a 4 cylinder os / vin and hpt automaticly thinks its a 4cyl and wont populate the correct pids. So i'm sort of stuck here. if anyone has any info on this I would really appreciate it.
Thanks L
Old 01-07-2017, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Would it be possible to use EFIlive to swap in a VIN/OS # that HPT would read? Almost anything would be better than being stuck with LS2edit.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Teching In

its locked with ls2edit so efilive or hpt can read it.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcbm
its locked with ls2edit so efilive or hpt can read it.
If I were stuck in that situation, I would swap PCMs, but I understand trying to avoid the associate costs.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Teching In

cost has nothing to do with it. It is in a 09 sky and I am using all the sky's modules except for powertrain. Cluster, antitheft , bcm, ect... HPT and efilive are not capable of altering the segments for the e67 to work in this application. LS@edit was my only options. I tried 4 different ecms before I went to edit. I have efilive and hptuners as well as a tech2 and pass thru pro . I have several e67s laying around. I would love to be able to modify one to use if possible.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remembered reading about a guy who also had a LS2Edit locked ECM and wanting to use EFI Live. His post on the EFI Live forum tells you how he was able to get a read from the ECM.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...m-the-original

I am curious as to which "extra" things that LS2Edit has available to it, that HPT and EFILive don't.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Teching In

The extra stuff is not to the end user but it just what Ken Kelly ( the designer and owner of ls2edit) can do with it. He is very help and easy to work with. My only complaint with edit is there is not a lot of forum type support as there is with hpt or live.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Understand. That is the one benefit of EFI Live in that IF you can find a HEX address, you can manipulate it all you want. Of course, you can also brick your ECM too . The key of course is being able to find all those hidden switches / tables in the software.

Quick Reply: anyone maf tune with ls2edit