Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these sensor thresholds ok?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are these sensor thresholds ok?

I'm just completing an ls1 swap and I've been searching to find acceptable ranges for the various sensor readings to make sure everything is in check.

The car is running smoothly but feels very limited in power. The idle was sitting at around 1500 - 2000rpm previously but seems ok now - might have still been learning the idles.

No DTC codes show up so I guess it's not in limp mode?

These numbers were taken at idle, engine only running for a couple of minutes.

Coolant: 43c (109F)
Intake: 66.0kPa (9.5psi)
MAF: 11.4g/s
Revs: 818.8rpm
Load: 3.9%
STFT1: 0.0%
Intake: 28c (82F)
Timing Adv: 17.0
Fuel Pressure: 58 psi (Set via a regulator)
TPS: 100% - I found this was caused by a bad connection in the plug on the TPS after much troubleshooting last night. When I bend it lightly it all works correctly. Idle is about 13.3% and works up to 100% at WOT or just before.

I'll take it for another test drive with the TPS working when I get a chance. Would a constant TPS reading of 100% cause the car to be very low on power? I had previously tried with it unplugged and it felt about the same but the idle was better.

Engine mods:
Texas Speed Torquer v2 232/234 .600"/.600" 112LSA
Double row timing chain
Some cheap pod filter (temporary)
Twin 3"

I'll be getting a dyno tune soon but wanted to make sure all the sensors are working before I take it in.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should also mention that I've left two sensors unplugged. The Coolant Level Sensor and what I believe is something to do with Air Conditioning - it's a grey plug is right near the MAF or TB.

The original car also had a BCM which I've left off but as far as I know this isn't required.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:40 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

i'm no guru, but from my understanding your TPS should be at 0-0.4% at idle. You can reset your TPS by unplugging it, KOEO 30 seconds, key off, plug back in, start car. should reset to 0%. this could also be an issue with your TPS voltage which should be .55-.69v. it if is over or under this voltage the TPS sensor will not reset to 0% this can be fixed by elongating the sensor holes and removing the alignment tab and clocking the sensor until the voltage is correct with the TB closed. An incorrect TPS reading will effect fueling tables and your IAC counts.

correct me if i'm wrong anyone, this is just stuff ive recently learned from lots of researching on a similar topic with my car.

Quick Reply: Are these sensor thresholds ok?