Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VATS Bypass question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VATS Bypass question

A couple of years ago I had a problem with the key of my 01 Z28 not reading and turning on the security light with a random crank scenario. Put a resistor in the wire to bypass the ignition and it worked great.

Yesterday, I cranked my car up for the first time with a new engine. It ran for 2-3 seconds and died. Reached in the car to restart and noticed nothing was lit up on the dash except for the security light. Tuned the key to the start position and it didn't do anything. Disconnected battery, performed the relearn process, disconnected battery overnight, turned off VATS with HPTuners. Nothing changed.

I checked the codes and the only one that came up was P1626. I cleared it and bypassed VATS in the PCM. The engine still will not turn over. When the key is turned to the on position the security light, the radio and the fuel pump comes on and the ABS unit cycles. That's it.

At this point, I am considering grounding the starter relay in order to bypass the entire system but I would rather repair it than cut my harness. My question is, IF I do this will the dash lights begin working again? I don't get why NONE of the lights come on in the dash. Could it be the ignition switch? Any suggestions?
Old 03-20-2017, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

http://shbox.com/1/pass_key.html

read this

could be BCM issue or the resistor popped.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If that did not help, chances are you have a PCM ground issue. The two on the back of the heads, and the one strap on the front driver side of the motor are pretty critical.

Quick Reply: VATS Bypass question