Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF o2 bank 2 sens 1 reading 225mv

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF o2 bank 2 sens 1 reading 225mv

Hey guys I just finished putting a new stall and true duals on my car. The car wouldn't idle for crap so I did an idle relearn and it pretty much seemed to fix itself...I went to go for a test drive and I got an MIL...drove back to the shop and hook up the Tech Two...I keep getting a bank 2 lean condition...I reset the code and decided to get a little logging done. I reset the fuel trims with the Tech Two and went for a ride...

bank 1 sens 1: 475 mv
bank 2 sens 1: 315 mv

ltft b1: -5
ltft b2: 25
stft b1: 0
ltft B2: 50

mil came back...So I reset the MIL, and get under the car to check out the bank 2 sens 1 o2...I played around with the wires a little bit and restarted the car for some more logging...

This time I was getting 200 mv out of the B2S1 o2. Go for a drive and the car stumbles all over the place. So I shut her down and called it a night...

My thoughts: Bad 02 causing a false lean condition...Can I use the rear 02 that I removed and am no longer using to replace the current one, or are they different? I first thought it was maybe the wiring (home made extensions)...but I figured if the wiring was not making good contact then I would be getting o2 codes like insufficient switching, but I am not getting any o2 codes....also I've ben running the home made extensions for about a year and have never had this problem before.

If it is not the o2, then what should I look for next...??? Injector problems??? Car sat up for 2 months without running...Maybe bad gas...I went to the station and filled up with some fresh gas...there was about 1/4 tank left of the old gas.

Is it possible that the o2 was damaged by the extreme heat when welding on the true duals to the headers?

Any help or suggestion or what else to look for...I will try to change out the o2 tonight, but does anyone have any other ideas???

Matt
Old 07-02-2004, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check for burnt or streched wires to the O2.