PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS Issues? WS6 TA vert gas mileage? Possibly modded?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCS Issues? WS6 TA vert gas mileage? Possibly modded?

My wife's car is getting about 14mpg city which I can accept but on the highway the best it has ever achived during a LONG highway trip is 21mpg. My cammed camaro gets better than this with headers, ory and free ram air mod. What is the standard for these on an unmodded car?

I've logged it and it's throwing the same codes as mine after I did the cam, and the TCS keeps turning itself off. This has me curious if the car actually has more than what we bargained for like say a mild cam. It hlso has fairly firm shifts which makes me think there might be a converter in it or it has a hypertech tune to increase the shiftpoints. Under spirited throttle (not even fully WOT) it seems to hold the gear for a rather long time before it shifts.

Between the tranny shifting and the low MPG, I'm just curious as to what is going on in there. I would think with 14-20mpg it would be throwing codes if it were 100% stock and having MAP/vacuum/tcs issues unless it was tuned or something.

I think I'm gonna take it to a dealer and get them to flash it with the TechII and see if it clears up.

As far as the verter goes, it feels like they tried to firm up the shifts but did a horrible job at doing so, since it is shifting firmer but holding gears for too long. When it's time for gear 2, even if you lift slightly on the throttle it holds 1 for a good while before it shifts, no matter what the speed/throttle position is.

It's not lighting the MIL yet, but it's having MAP problems with pending codes. Hers is shutting off the TCS on the highway though, mine was shutting off during idle. It's getting progessively worse though, so there might be a vacuum leak or something.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No responses or ideas?