Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TA's got electrical(?) problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TA's got electrical(?) problems

I was driving the car out of my neighborhood, when I noticed that the gauges were not working. I was coming up on a stop sign, I pushed the clutch in and the car dies. Gauges were not working and there were no SES lights. I try to restart the car and nothing. Not even a click like the car is trying to turn over. The radio works, windows and antenna go up and down, the headlights even work. I pulled every fuse in the car and none of them are blown. I pulled the battery out and took it to Autozone to have tested and the battery is good.

We pushed the car and popped the clutch and the car started up just fine, but the gauges were not working. The instrument lights work, but the right blinker light is on(not flashing). I drove the car home, turned it off, and tried to restart it and it did the same thing as before. No click, no starter trying to turn over, and the gauges didn't turn on.

After the car cooled down, I jacked up the car and checked underneath for any loose or burnt wires, but found nothing. We tried to reset the computer by pulling the fuses and waiting 5 minutes but that didn't help. Any suggestions??

Coincedence: Yesterday Firebat and I installed a Harlan shift light. We did not have to do any wiring, since the previous owner(Sporadic on here) had one installed and left all the wires and all we had to do was plug-program and play. The car ran like a champ all day long yesterday with no issues.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

anyone?

Could it be the VATS?
Old 07-08-2004, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

Old 07-09-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds to me like a problem with the PCM wiring. I doubt the PCM would be fried, but all the functions you lost are run through it.

I would try swapping YOUR PCM into a friend's car and seeing if it works. If it doesn't, then the PCM is probably no good. Regardless of whether it is good or not, I think the real problem lies in your wiring somewhere, probably in the power/ground wires for it.

This stuff really sucks to track down... and it can be intermittent too, which makes it all the worse.