Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New code tonight - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New code tonight - HELP!

Since I've put the heads and cam on the car, I've had idle problems (even after tune). Got that fixed except at initial start up, both hot and cold until it finds idle. Then i got a P0121 code (seems mostly when the a/c is turned on). That's happened twice. Don't know what that is about, could have something to do with crappy start up idle? Tonight I get the same P0121 code and a new one, P1416. I've researched this new one and it seems the concensus is the air check valve on the passenger side. Can anybody help me determine whats causing these two codes and what do i have to do to fix this problem.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, and I forgot something. I've been reading alot about this phenomenon called cruise control effect. When Kirk at APE drilled out the throttle plate hole, he said what this would do would let more air through, therefore helping the idle, but the drawback was the idle would be alittle high when you push in on the clutch when coming to a stop. That was true, but since he did this about 2 weeks ago, you push in on the clutch and it would drop to about 1300 rpm for a few seconds and when you come to a stop it would drop to about 900 rpm. No problem. Tonight though, just shifting gears, I would shift at around 3000 rpms normal driving and when you push in on the clutch it would stay there, it would not drop. The ses light was not on at this time but it did that pretty much all evening. Could all of this, (the code P0121, P1416 and the excessive idle speed between shifts) all be connected?
Old 07-10-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any help at all?