PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what LS1Edit tuning do I do for the mods I have

Old 07-10-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what LS1Edit tuning do I do for the mods I have

I just completed my v6 to LS1 swap and here are a list of mods i did and I need to know what tuning i should do with LS1 edit and do i need to purchase autotap or simular software to use with edit and if so why or how would i use it to tune with LS1 edit. There are alot of intellegent people on here when it comes to tuning these things and I just need someone to guide me in the right direction and I can pick it up from there. Any help you guys can give will be helpful

here is a list of mods
LS1 Hotcam
ceramic coated Longtubes and ory with hooker cat back and no cats
no rear o2's
EGR and A.I.R removed
3400 stall
28.8 injectors
85 mm maf without screen
suncoast creations ram air
smooth bellow
custom fuel rail with return line and fuel pressur regulator
also still have stock 3.23 rearend

Right now I have not driven it because of trannsmission problems but i will have it back next week.
when i got it running
it did alot of surging while idleing it would go from about 600-1000 rpms just up and down constantly and would crank back up imediately after shutting it off but not after it cooled for a few minutes i would have to hit the gas to crank it
hope this is enough info annd I greatly aprecciate any suggestions you guys can offer me. If you would rather me call you for you to explain I will be happy to just email me your number to cgworth@knology.net
also can anyone tell me what horsepower to expect with these mods

Last edited by cgworth; 07-11-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Yes, you will need Autotap, otherwise you will have no idea what your tuning is actually doing. Yes, tuning would be nice with your mods. When I put my hotcam it just about drove me out of my mind. I have no idea how people drive that cam without tuning. If you had the LS6 cam you could get away without it. Just a wild guess on horsepower....maybe 380ish rear-wheel. There is a lot of tuning you will need for the AIR and EGR delete. Lots of tuning all around. What transmission are you running? What year PCM are you using? Has any tuning been done to the PCM already? Did you do the work yourself? Lots of important questions you have left unanswered.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its a 98 pcm, a4 transmission, did all work myself (I know how to do the work just not familar with tuning pcms yet )
Old 07-11-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Noooooo. All that work and you have a 98 PCM. 98 computers are the bastard children of LS1 computers.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cgworth
I just completed my v6 to LS1 swap and here are a list of mods i did and I need to know what tuning i should do with LS1 edit and do i need to purchase autotap or simular software to use with edit and if so why or how would i use it to tune with LS1 edit. There are alot of intellegent people on here when it comes to tuning these things and I just need someone to guide me in the right direction and I can pick it up from there. Any help you guys can give will be helpful

here is a list of mods
LS1 Hotcam
Longtubes with with hooker cat back and no cats
no rear o2's
EGR and A.I.R removed
3400 stall
28.8 injectors
85 mm maf without screen
suncoast creations ram air
smooth bellow
custom fuel rail with return line and fuel pressur regulator
also still have stock 3.23 rearend

Right now I have not driven it because of trannsmission problems but i will have it back next week.
when i got it running
it did alot of surging while idleing it would go from about 600-1000 rpms just up and down constantly and would crank back up imediately after shutting it off but not after it cooled for a few minutes i would have to hit the gas to crank it
hope this is enough info annd I greatly aprecciate any suggestions you guys can offer me. If you would rather me call you for you to explain I will be happy to just email me your number to cgworth@knology.net
also can anyone tell me what horsepower to expect with these mods

One thing right off the bat I see that will help with the idle-driveability is getting a MAF without the screen missing. This alone has cause many people much headaches trying to get their cars to idle correctly. Also is this MAF off a Z06 or another year model? If it is not for your year PCM you may need to get the calibration from whatever year the MAF came with and copy those entries into your PCM.

Last edited by monodax; 07-11-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by monodax
One thing right off the bat I see that will help with the idle-driveability is getting a MAF without the screen missing. This alone has cause many people much headaches trying to get their cars to idle correctly. Also is this MAF off a Z06 or another year model? If it is not for your year PCM you may need to get the calibration from whatever year the MAF came with and copy those entries into your PCM.

yes it is an ls6 maf. how do i calibrate the maf

also i am in the process of getting the hptuners and getting rid of ls1 edit will i still be able to calibrate it
Old 07-11-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Another_User
Noooooo. All that work and you have a 98 PCM. 98 computers are the bastard children of LS1 computers.
whats wrong with thhe 98 pcm's
Old 07-11-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

whats wrong with thhe 98 pcm's
They appear to be more of a pain than other years. I think they are slower too, but for the most part you shouldn't notice. And because nobody likes to support them Predator doesn't make a programmer for them. It's not that they are terrible, it's just that any other year would have been better.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

yes it is an ls6 maf. how do i calibrate the maf

also i am in the process of getting the hptuners and getting rid of ls1 edit will i still be able to calibrate it
I just PM'd you.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by monodax
I just PM'd you.

it didnt come through

Search this Thread