PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I get my HPP3 back to "stock"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How can I get my HPP3 back to "stock"?

I forgot I even had this thing, found it cleaning out my garage tonight. Now that my TA is tuned, how can I put my Hypertech HPP3 back to its new "Stock" format? I emailed Hypertech, but they have not responded yet. I would like to sell it, but its locked to my VIN.

It was great before I did heads/cam
Old 07-15-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only way to put it back to stock is to plug it in... and if it comes up w/the option to restore to stock.. hit yes....

it's not locked to your VIN.. it's locked to the fact that the HPP3 is modified.. so it needs to be restored to stock ...

if by plugging it in and hitting ht ekeys it wont restore to stock... then you need to deal with hypertech... I've heard of instances where if you send them the original sales receipt plus the unit they'll restore to stock...

but there are only 2 ways to "unlock" an HPP3 ... the unit restores a stock tune on the original car... or the original purchaser sends proof of purchase to hypertechl... and it *may* be restored... but not likely....
Old 07-15-2004, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Problem.

By plugging in the hyperflaw and returning it back to stock, you'd lose your current tune, before doing anything i'd make sure your tuner had saved your bin file or have it saved if he doesn't, or else the $ you spent getting tuned will be waisted.