PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the best way to disable Knock Retard at specific RPM?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best way to disable Knock Retard at specific RPM?

My knock (unless my car has some magical knock problem) has got to be false because I have pulled timing and added plenty of fuel, and it still occurs at the same RPM every time. I have never even heard the engine knock at high RPMs. So what is the bast way to go about removing knock retard for a specific RPM, and would it be safe to rely on readings from surrounding RPMs to determine in the future if any knock is occurring? I have already searched for stuff banging, but that shouldn't cause knock at a consistent RPM, and I have run top-engine cleaner.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Another_User
My knock (unless my car has some magical knock problem) has got to be false because I have pulled timing and added plenty of fuel, and it still occurs at the same RPM every time. I have never even heard the engine knock at high RPMs. So what is the bast way to go about removing knock retard for a specific RPM, and would it be safe to rely on readings from surrounding RPMs to determine in the future if any knock is occurring? I have already searched for stuff banging, but that shouldn't cause knock at a consistent RPM, and I have run top-engine cleaner.

Do you try running any Octane booster or 100 octane fuel in it? This would be my first thing to try as it would be the easiest but how much KR are you getting and @ what RPM range?
Old 07-24-2004, 02:18 PM
FormerVendor

Pulling enough timing would acheive the same results. I have the same proble after a cam swap. at around 2k and it never fails i get 2*
Old 07-24-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

I am seeing 4-5 ish at WOT at about 3600 RPMs, and immediately starts to drop off. I am running 93 octane, and I have pulled alot of timing, but still no good.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

If your sure you don't have real knock, try zeroing the PE knock retard table at that rpm range.