Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lesson Learned! (I Think?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Lesson Learned! (I Think?)

OK. First off I'm an LS1 Greenhorn. 2nd... I don't know it just felt like I needed a 2nd in there. Anyhow, I bought my car last Aug off the showroom floor. Drove it, loved it had to put it away for winter.
Over the winter saved up for a few NEWBEE mods.
So I put on my few bolt ons and bought a Hypertech thinking OK I know it doesn't do as much as some of others but since I am just learning I can't screw anything up. Right?? WRONG! I screwed up. First off I liked what it did better shifting, change the rev limit take off the speedo limit (allthough I have Z rated tires don't know if it did anything?) Just liked the overall increase of the SOTP meter. But there in lyes the problem. It was alot more fun to drive. So I sold it, taking a loss and bought a Predator. (I know the HPTuner guys are going should've bought the HP). WOW! what a diff. Even with the stock Predator tune! I saw some of the post that talk about TM. I'd say it's gone. I was going down the road thru town and behind a person who just decided to slow down in the middle of the road for no reason. (You know the people) so I thoght I'd give 'em a vrrrump. You know to get thier attn. When I've done this before thats all it is no big deal. Nose goes up, a little engine/exhaust noise, no biggie. This time wholly crap vruuumchirppppp. Not a big one (no smoke, or sideways etc.) but when your not expecting it, kind of freaks ya out. Then going up US-23 and going to pass someone, I kick it down and I swear that the tires were startin to break loose! Never did this before. Anyhow before all of this I read alot of post on here about James at RWTD and went to thier site saw that it was a Diablo Sport, so I think..cool I'll buy one cheaper at ebay. WRONG AGAIN! James at RWTD is not on in the same as DiabloSport Company. To make a long story longer I call James and he hooks me up! Thank you James! I am now a happy customer of his and can not wait to get a custom tune from him.
LESSON LEARNED BY ME: Search well, when you think your done and have made up your mind check once more, also BUY FROM THE SITE SPONSERS! IT'S LESS EXPENSIVE!
Predator Rating
Sorry its long, and moderators...I didn't know where to put this, sorry if it's in the wrong spot. (or doesn't even belong on the board )

Sincerely,
One Happy LS1 Owner