Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport Predator questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablosport Predator questions

I am thinking of picking one up here shortly. How are are they to tune with, what gains will I see, and does anyone have any information on how to tune with one?

Fry
Old 07-29-2004, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

If your not ready for Edit or HPtuners, it's a great product. I can't complain about mine. Most cars can pick up anywhere from 10-20hp at the wheels. Local GTO picked up like 17 RWHP while tuning with it on the dyno. Diablo also has great customer service, I accidetally ripped the cord out of mine (dropped it and caught it by the cord) and they replaced it free of charge, it was over a year and half old. If you need a custom tune Johan at Diablo will usaully get you what you need with in 24 hours.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

It's what I used to tune my car after the header install.I went from 322 after the headers were installed, to 348 after tuning with diablosport hand held unit. You can also troubleshoot the car with the unit and delete codes as well, not a bad tool. if you are planning on going heads, cam, or FI, I'd go with an ls1edit or something of that nature. I think that the diablosport is only good for so many variables. Overall, I am happy with mine, and have no complaints.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one and like it but it is limited. On the other hand though you can pay RWTD 100.00 and get unlimited custom tunes via E-mail. I just requested my first custom tune today.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is the thing. I would love to pull like 10 to 20 hp more out of my ls1, that would be great. I am getting headers here shortly so that will help with that tuning issue too. BUT...I dont have access to a dyno, and couldnt tell you the first thing about tuning. Except where to plug it in. Basically is it hard to learn, and can I really screw something up royally if I dont know what I am doing? is there a way to revert back to stock like an hpp3?

If I buy a used one is there anything I need to look for? Are they vin specific or multi-car-functional?

Fry
Old 07-30-2004, 07:15 AM
Race your car!

It's realatively easy to use, and the factory program does get saved in the unit, and can be resored at any time. After a header install, you will be running rich, so you will have to lean it out some, there's only so much that you can do percentage wise, so unless you set the rev limiter way too high or something like that, I don't think that you could srcew anything up too bad. I think I went 1% from full lean, and actually pulled 3% of the timing out, on the dyno it made more power that way. Best way is with a dyno to test the settings, but if you don't have one available, use the butt-o-meter, try a few things, see what feels the best.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by frey51

If I buy a used one is there anything I need to look for? Are they vin specific or multi-car-functional?

Fry
Will that work or not?
Old 07-30-2004, 07:26 AM
Race your car!

They are vin specific. I think it's 75 bucks to get it reset from diablo, however, if the factory tune is still stored in the unit, they will not reset it. they will only reset the vin # on units that have gone back to stock, if they didn't do it, one guy could buy a unit, and for 75 bucks a pop, tune all his friends cars with the same unit. Good marketing really.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by frey51
Will that work or not?
Has to flashed back and yes it does "lock" to the vehicle.I would suggest you buy a new one from James at [url]www.runninwiththedevil.com
great service and free tunes,and he will work with you till a "problem" gets figured out