Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changed oil psi sender and now I have problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default changed oil psi sender and now I have problems

OK I just pulled the intake and replaced the oil sender unit and installed a dp nos system. I started the car and it seamed to run ok but then a check engine light came on. Its running really lean and the code is for the map sensor P0107 i think. I know its probably a vacume leak but the new oil sender isint working eather. Hears my queston, does the sending unit and the map sensor have the same connector? Could I have switched them? I really dont want to pull the intake again. Can some one help me here?
Old 08-13-2004, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

different connectors but in the same harness... when you put the intake on maybe you forgot to plug these in? MAP is the sensor on the back of the intake manifold ... also check maybe you pinched some of the wires in this harness between the intake and block?
Old 08-13-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure I pluged them in. Is that plastic hose that runs up the passenger side of the intake part of that system? I had to move it and I was pulling on it kinda hard to get the intake to sit down right. I also have one of the hoses off the passenger side valve cover because of the nos system. I will have it back on tomorrow but I didnt think it would cause this.