PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does this look like false knock??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default does this look like false knock??

Ive adjusted my knock decay rate so i get timing back sooner so thats why its so peaky. Seems this only occurs between shifts usually. I get no knock on the street either.

Dave
Old 08-14-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

That's really hard to say... If I were to take a guess, I'd lean towards false.

Same amount of KR, same shaped spike, fairly different conditions... Looks like a good couple of runs though.

I notice you also get those little "glitches", where a value will drop out at random times. (speed, in the second picture)
Old 08-14-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive never gotten that before, but if you notice the pulsewidth of only the one bank drops off. Im quite mistified about that. Do you get this? any idea what it is?

oh and if this is false knock, whats the best way to elimate it? Im assuming play w/ the delta air and burst knock stuff but thats greek to me. or maybe dcfo??

Dave

Last edited by TT_Vert; 08-14-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its hard to tell whats false & what isnt alot of the time....i too would lean towards false & even so its only 2 degrees which isnt a ton to worry about and basically its only for 1 frame at a time what year car is it? What mods? Iget some weird random KR too at like 20% throttle sometimes I'll get a spike of 4-10 degrees but then just falls off the map and wont have problems anywhere at wot or anything so i dunno other then caulk it up to the 98 sensors
Old 08-14-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

its a 2000 c5 w/ just headers/vararam and bfg drag radials.

Dave
Old 08-14-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

If it's false knock - I unfortunately don't know how to get rid of it... I've got a consistant 8, 9, or 9.1* of KR getting logged after my cam install. I'm trying to tackle it from a hardware approach. I'm making sure there is nothing rattling or bumping, things are torqued down to spec, etc. etc. I'm not getting anywhere!

About the funny glitches - I seem to get one at least every other log... Different parameters seem to drop off at random looking times. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. I'm not sure if it's HPT or the computer itself. Maybe the laptop gets a little bogged down and has a momentary freeze up?
Old 08-15-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

well its not stopping logging of everything just certain parameters. it could be the laptop. The one im using now is a POS. The one i usually use never had this happen
dave