Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is my car missing, sputtering, popping through the exhaust at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Why is my car missing, sputtering, popping through the exhaust at WOT

Mods in sig and tuned a few weeks ago at TEA. I've noticed the last few days when I go WOT the car goes but it is hesitating and sputtering some. As the rpms climb the car just sorta goes waaaah, ta........ta........ta.......as it is going through the rpm range. Could this be in the tune? Am I too lean or rich? It's like it is starving for fuel or air or something. Going to Beech Bend today and Brent will be there, hopefully we can get it sorted out, cause it's definately slowing me down.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:21 AM
...with cheese.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im having the same problem and I just got my HP Tuners. The weird thing is... I don't have more than 2 knock at WOT. The car just kind of sputters at anything past 5600. it's also running PIG RICH... good lord its running rich. high 20's - 30's idle! what are some things to look for in HP tuners that might help me out?? i've done a lot of research and this is the only thing that i have found that is even close to being related... in my language anyway
Old 08-19-2004, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

High 20's to 30's what?

Quick Reply: Why is my car missing, sputtering, popping through the exhaust at WOT