Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 sensor question

I have a log style turbo kit with a crossover. The 02 sensor on the passenger side log is reading both banks right before the turbo and the drivers side 02 is in the stock manifold location. The two 02's don't read the same. For example one would read 100 and the other 150. My question is could I splice the wiring from the driver's side 02 onto the passenger side 02 so they would both read the same or do I have to relocate the drivers side sensor next to the passenger side sensor? Thanks for any and all replies.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TurboZ
I have a log style turbo kit with a crossover. The 02 sensor on the passenger side log is reading both banks right before the turbo and the drivers side 02 is in the stock manifold location. The two 02's don't read the same. For example one would read 100 and the other 150. My question is could I splice the wiring from the driver's side 02 onto the passenger side 02 so they would both read the same or do I have to relocate the drivers side sensor next to the passenger side sensor? Thanks for any and all replies.

I don't recommend splicing them together but I do recommend putting them in about the same location from the engine. They are temperature sensitive as well and this has a impact on their output. If one is reading different than the other it will affect your fueling calcs.