Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tuning Software?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tuning Software?

Any new info on any new software coming out? I thought efilive was coming out with one? Efilives website says beta testing starting in July yet I havent heard anything yet. Anyone have any onfo?
Old 08-19-2004, 08:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No news is, uhh... no news.

I did see some remarks on their forum the other day
indicating that the hardware is "still not ready for
beta testing". Which sounds like it's still pretty
runny to me.

I'm thinking I'll have my HPTuners cable upgrade w/
analog logging (to use w/ wideband O2 meters)
in my hand before I see the EFILive Flashscan product
even remote-demoed. Which in a way is a shame,
but would be no cause for complaint on my end.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Jimmy Blue, it appears over the last 3 or 4 months everything EFILive announced as additions to the 'in development' tuning tool started to appear in ummm, well you know.

They now have a locked down forum for the beta testers only.
Perhaps you'd be best not to believe everything you read at the 'public level' of the EFILive forum, afterall, screen shots of WBO2 logging with their new hardware were posted several months ago.

Flame suit being zipped up, can't offend the sponsors now........
Old 08-24-2004, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fetumpsh
Jimmy Blue, it appears over the last 3 or 4 months everything EFILive announced as additions to the 'in development' tuning tool started to appear in ummm, well you know.

They now have a locked down forum for the beta testers only.
Perhaps you'd be best not to believe everything you read at the 'public level' of the EFILive forum, afterall, screen shots of WBO2 logging with their new hardware were posted several months ago.

Flame suit being zipped up, can't offend the sponsors now........
Beta testing is currently being done by a small group to iron out any possible glitches before release.
LIKE ALL EFILIVE PRODUCTS IT IS TOP NOTCH
Old 08-25-2004, 08:21 AM
FormerVendor

Oh please, I would really appreciate it if that company and it's "buddies" would knock this off.

Contrary to their belief that somebody gets all their cues from them is a load of BS.

Would it be better if I called and asked permission to move forward with our
next layouts,designs and updates?

Ken
HP Tuners LLC
Old 08-25-2004, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Perhaps when Keith sticks to he's 2002 promise of the $50 reflash tool the masses helped him create the cyberspace bitterness may subside, until then deal with the criticism you get.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Default Information regarding EFILive

Product is being tested daily.

The hardware has suffered some supplier problems - even the US Military sometimes has to wait for "product allocation" and other excuses from the component suppliers and distributors. A few hand assembled prototypes exist, and are from production quality lots, but true testing can only happen with the "mass produced" boards - ever tried to imagine hand soldering a few bazillion surface mount parts under a stereoscope?

The software (Tuning and Scan Tools) is being revised as needed to meet beta test feedback as well as to refine areas of lesser priority that have not been addressed up to this point. It is on schedule.

To those that know and to those that care, yes there are some "issues" that have come between a few of us. Remember it's a limited market and the "targets" are all the same. Some "stepping on toes" was/is unavoidable, but there have been some misrepresentation of information and some questionable ethics and tactics have been witnessed. Sorry to say it's human nature, and sometimes it's best to just move on, but unfortunately the bitterness remains.

EFILive always has, and will continue to acknowlege those that have helped, and will strive to protect it's ideas and properties as allowed by both common sense and the Law, and above all, will do the best possible job to meet the needs of it's customers.

MRK
Old 08-25-2004, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Perhaps when Keith sticks to he's 2002 promise of the $50 reflash tool the masses helped him create the cyberspace bitterness may subside, until then deal with the criticism you get.

Excuse me sir, I don't have to "deal" with anything.
Keith, Chris and I were the ones who brought that project to life. Not you or anybody else who visited that forum. Perhaps you need to read this link as I went into this into great detail for the last guy who tried this with me (last post).

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...e=1&smode=1&p=

Find a new marketing tool Fetumpsh and Emarkay.

Ken

Last edited by Super Sport X2; 08-25-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

:Yawn: I think it is time for a moderator to close this thread before somebody (including sponsors) says something they will regret. You guys all make good stuff. I have used stuff from both, it just comes down to what works best for you.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Teching In

OK - I agree it's getting lame and just to be clear, I was not intending to market one product by "dissing" another's.

Personally I think competiton is a good thing, and if there were any misinterpretetations in the past, it's behind us. Yea, some take it more personally and that is up to them as to how much sleep they loose over it; I for one now consider it a dead issue.

Sorry for the reply rant.

MRK

PS. FYI - having not had access to my Camaro for almost a month, and since I refuse to drive the ugly wrong wheel drive rental (the wife is using it - I have my '77 Olds 98 "bannana boat"), you need to appreciate how great these F-platform cars were. Take good care of them for future generations!