Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 11:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Question about idle

i noticed when doing a hot start after driving for a bit then shutting down the computer goes into what appears to be open loop mode for i dunno say 30 seconds after startup, making my injectors work harder, stft & ltft at 0, o2's super rich 800+ for those 30 seconds or so and the car kinda spudders obviously from sucking in all this fuel...what can i do to counteract this?
Old 08-19-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my understanding every startup there's a period where the car stays in Open Loop regardless of engine coolant temp... I can access this table in my Grand Prix editor but don't see it in my LS1 editor (i'm prolly missing it... i'm a lil tired right now) .. but it is built into the PCM to maintain open loop for a period of time on startup prior to going to closed loop (just as there's a table that maps the ECT to IAT for closed loop enable)
Old 08-19-2004, 11:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

hmmm just weird cuz as soon as it comes out of open loop the idle smoothes out and everything is fine but for that first minute it wants to just surge & surge...im trying to keep everything i have setup for closed loop the same because of the fact that its street manners are very good once its out of open loop. Aight back to the drawing board i guess.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can go into the open loop f/a table and correct that if i am not mistaken
Old 08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
you can go into the open loop f/a table and correct that if i am not mistaken
thanks humpin i saw that but wasnt sure how to adjust it to lean it out a smidgen...basically at initial startup its putting my inj pulse width to 5.0-5.5 whereas when in close loop its at 3.9-4.5 so its basically flooding my motor as it is and sometimes when i put it in drive if i dont give it some gas it will stall sometimes...its not a huge deal but if its something i can fix with a little tweak in one area i wouldnt mind doing it. Anyone know why it puts it into open loop for the first few moments? If its for the cats I'd like to know since i !cats a while ago.