Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light on. Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 02:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SES light on. Help please!!

There are a couple things that I think could possibly have caused this.
1. I drove the car without the air lid on for about 15 min. I did have the iat sensor plugged in though.
2. I just had the car tuned and I had the egr and air system deleted. I put block off plates on all the holes, and I think it is possible that I might have a very, very small leak on the intake hole. I can't feel it, but I think I might be able to hear it when I am driving.
The car doesn't seem to be running bad at all. The only thing that I might have noticed is a little bit of extra surging when I put the car in gear. Could either one of these cause the light to come on? Should I try just resetting the pcm by pulling the 2 fuses and see if that fixes it or will that erase the tuning that is on the car? What should I do? Need help asap!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

anybody have any suggestions
Old 08-19-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

There are hundereds of OBD2 codes, unless you get the car scanned and get the code number, you'll be only guessing. AutoZone and some of the other autoparts stores will now scan OBD2 codes for free.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Smile chevy

If your IAT was unplugged when you ran your car you will get an ses lite,disconnect battery for 15 min.