PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLASE HELP!!misfire in multiple cylinders!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PLASE HELP!!misfire in multiple cylinders!

I have problems turning on the car when its cold.Idle is very rough then it will turn off and it will do it for a while till it finds the iddle,then the SES light starts flashing.They scaned and it said it had MYSFIRE IN MULTIPLE CYLINDERS.The computer is cutting off 2 cylinders and then they come back on,then they're gone,on and off.The car sound like ****,and performance sucks.The guy said that it seems to be an electrical problem,something with the fuel system.This problems were there before the cam, stall,and ls1_edit but it had gone away and now its back.What can it be.could it be a short?Please help me.
Thanks in advance
Old 08-23-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vomitcorpse
I have problems turning on the car when its cold.Idle is very rough then it will turn off and it will do it for a while till it finds the iddle,then the SES light starts flashing.They scaned and it said it had MYSFIRE IN MULTIPLE CYLINDERS.The computer is cutting off 2 cylinders and then they come back on,then they're gone,on and off.The car sound like ****,and performance sucks.The guy said that it seems to be an electrical problem,something with the fuel system.This problems were there before the cam, stall,and ls1_edit but it had gone away and now its back.What can it be.could it be a short?Please help me.
Thanks in advance
Besides mechanical issues, have you checked your spark plug wires, coil packs, plugs, fuel filter, injectors? These are just a few. Typically if you move things around and it follows the part you moved (The misfire) then that is what it is. Diagnosing a misfire is not easy but can be done if you do it in a very procedural way. I would try swapping your plug wires around, plugs, etc.. and see if it will show that the misfire is occuring on different cylinders and if so then you know the problem.